Complaint Review: General Electric Rebate Service Center

• Submitted: Tue, December 20, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, December 20, 2005

• Reported By:Post Falls Idaho
General Electric Rebate Service Center
PO Box 8219 Wixom, Michigan U.S.A.

General Electric Rebates When? Wixom Michigan

I purchased a 18' GE Refrigerator from Home Depot and had it delivered on August 13, 2005. I was to receive a $50 rebate within 6-8 weeks. It has now been over four months and I am still being told that the rebate is "in the mail" It was finslly processed on 12/08/05 almost sixteen weeks after delivery and purchase! Even the Store Personnel who handled the sale with me are upset. For some reason GE chooses to have a private or seperate company handle their rebates.

They do have a seperate phone number and I have been able to contact them on occasion(only after some real trial and error however). When I did conact them I was told that I still had to comply with their requirements and submit more inforation. I did this although it was originally sent to them with my first submission. It appeared to me that this was simply a stalling tactic or a justification method that they were employing. I am still waiting for my rebate from last August! And talk about a dummy that was me. After purchasing the first refrigerator I then purchased another for my home. Like wise this one had a $50 rebate. Likewise I am still waiting for that one as well! My suggestion for any one dealing with GE Refrigeraors is don't! So far I have not found their word to be worth much. I have contacted all the people I can but still can not seem to get anywhere. I am sure I will eventually recieve these stupid rebates but the hassle involved has taken away from any economic benefits and then some.

Mike
Post Falls, Idaho

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2005 04:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-Electric-Rebate-Service-Center/Wixom-Michigan-48393/General-Electric-Rebates-When-Wixom-Michigan-168621. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General Electric Rebate Service Center

elsewhere