Complaint Review: General Electric Repairs

• Updated: Wed, October 06, 2010

• Reported By: Mingo — Memphis Tennessee United States of America
General Electric Repairs
Internet, Mississippi United States of America

General Electric Repairs Charged over $200 to come look at dryer (knob stripped) and repair. $87.35 for coming to home Internet, Mississippi

GE Dryer knob is stripped.  I'm old enough to know some things that may be possible, however, we wanted to have repaired professionaly. Pulled up the website for GE repair and received local GE appliance info.  Phone number 662-504-4050 or 901-201-4311.  Technician arrives, checks out the part that needs fixed.  Total would be at lease $250 + for labor, part and drive to our home.  Are you kidding me?  My husband who is old school like me said "forget it".  However, he still charged $87.35 just for coming out here.  Where did he come from Philadelphia?  Because that's about how much I paid for gas to go to Ohio a few months back.  This is a Rip Off.  I feel sorry for other seniors that don't know any better.  Probably thought I had a lot of money because of the location of my home.  Well guess what?  I don't.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/06/2010 02:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-Electric-Repairs/Internet-Mississippi-/General-Electric-Repairs-Charged-over-200-to-come-look-at-dryer-knob-stripped-and-repa-648195. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General Electric Repairs