Complaint Review: General Electric appliance

• Reported By: enufalready — Springfield Ohio United States of America
General Electric appliance
Internet, California United States of America

General Electric appliance Part replacement ripoff Internet, California

I purschased a GE Spacesaverover the counter microwave oven a couple years ago. The oven works fine and is used daily. However, recently the plastic handle broke. I went on line to GE Parts Service and requested a replacement. I was waiting for the cost of the replacement part. The sales person returned to the phone and stated the part would be $68.92 plus shipping. I asked again if that was just for the handle and was told yes that is the price. I declined to order the part. I placed the plastic handle on my postage machine. It weighs 2.3 ounces. A piece of extruded plastic probably cost GE 10cents to make. I only paid $178.00 for the whole microwave. I went to te local hardware store picked up a kitchencabinet handle and a long screw for $2.65. It matches the microwave and works just fine and I might add looks like it belongs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2010 07:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-Electric-appliance/Internet-California-/General-Electric-appliance-Part-replacement-ripoff-Internet-California-675497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General Electric appliance