Complaint Review: General Electric

• Submitted: Tue, February 05, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, December 07, 2009

• Reported By:annandale New Jersey
General Electric
3135 Easton Turnpike, Fairfield, Connecticut 06828 , Connecticut U.S.A.

General Electric GE doesn't care 3135 Easton Turnpike Connecticut

*General Comment: Little guy verses big guy

That happy operator shown on the GE site who is ready to take your call is as elusive as eternal youth; in GE's reality she doesn't exist. In fact, GE customer relations is a matter of denial. When they screw up, no one takes responsiblity. In fact, they deny that e-mails from their own offices exist. I suppose that the rest of us--who are concerned with keeping our jobs or report on consumer responsibility--are anal retentive because here is a company that has just had an immense recall of their product and they don't seem to care a bit about the little guy--you or me--who buys their product.

I wasn't that angry when the weatherstripping on my less than month old refrigerator started to peel or even when the repair man who came to get the icemaker going told me that GE could repair the door on my recalled microwave/oven combination. Things happen all the time, I reasoned, as I set up an appointment with GE for my next day off. They sent me two emails confirming the said appointment. However, on the day in question, NO ONE showed up.

When I called GE to ask how this happened, I was told such emails did not exist and that I was not on the schedule. I was told this three times in succession by each "supervisor". No one was listening to the question as to how this happened and if ANYONE was responsible. It was just a repetition that I was not on the schedule and such emails were non existent since the confirmation number on them was the number for my earlier service call.

I ended up faxing the emails to someone in Kentucky (I will most probably never hear from him) and I even spoke to someone at corporate who didn't seem to understand. Not listening and not taking responsiblity for your actions is the reason why my brand new refrigerator is falling apart. You can't keep on ignoring the consumer like this each and every time. Soon you won't have a customer base, like the dying automobile industry. Samsung and its Asian counterparts are aware of the customer as the person who gives them the jobs they have. Watch out, GE. Your day is coming. You will be done in by the new upstarts who prove that American industry is no longer focuses upon pride in workmanship or customer relations. It's about the weekly paycheck and nothing more.

susan
annandale, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2008 02:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-Electric/Connecticut-06828/General-Electric-GE-doesnt-care-3135-Easton-Turnpike-Connecticut-306408. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General Electric

#1 General Comment

Little guy verses big guy

AUTHOR: frank law - (United States of America)

While many people read Rippoff report,more tune in to youtube,google,myspace,twitter and what ever else you can find.Write your experience on these sites so that millions of customers  can see what to expect from GE.Maybe a loss of sales will get their attention.