Supreme

• Submitted: Tue, December 04, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, December 04, 2007

• Reported By:Forestville California
General Electric
3135 Eastson Turnpike Fairfield, Connecticut U.S.A.

Jeffrey Immelt CEO For General Electric Company Defective Merchandise - customer stonewalled by G.E. Fairfield Connecticut

I'm a senior, renting a little house. I purchased a G.E. over-stove microwave oven. Within a 14-months, rust holes began to appear on the inner side of the door. I contacted G.E. and it's out of warranty. I sent photos of how the rust is spreading all over the door. I asked whether it's even safe to use the oven with food now (no reply to that question). I wrote to the president, Jeffrey Immelt, and he offered to send a $100 certificate to be used at a G.E. service center for repair. I expected to at least receive a free door to replace this defective one. Just installing it will cost me over $150.00. But it wouldn't be much skin off his back to ship me the door at least. Nope. If I used the $100 certificate, I would still owe $250 to pay for the door and the installation. Bad deal! He kept referring to warranty terms and I asked whether a microwave is expected to last two-years or not?

Nancy
Forestville, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2007 10:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-Electric/Fairfield-Connecticut-06828-0001/Jeffrey-Immelt-CEO-For-General-Electric-Company-Defective-Merchandise-customer-stonewall-288844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General Electric