owned

• Submitted: Thu, September 07, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, November 11, 2006

• Reported By:Carlsbad California
General Electric
3135 Easton Turnpike, Fairfield, Connecticut U.S.A.

General Electric ripoff huge waste of my time in repairing Profile Appliances Fairfield Connecticut

*Consumer Comment: GE Employees deny claims on purpose! If they approve they won't pay!

My husband and I purchased a home last year which had several GE Profile appliances installed: oven, stove top, dishwasher and refrigerator / freezer. As these were installed approximately 6 years ago, problems have begun occurring and we understand that this is to be expected.

However, our most recent attempt to repair a problem in our freezer resulted in approximately 30 man hours of my time over the course of 2.5 months to resolve which is totally unacceptable.

In my view, the problems I experiences can be classified into 4 areas:
Negative, hostile customer interaction
Unclear processes
Different information coming from different departments within GE
Inappropriately long phone hold wait times

Our local service technician in the north San Diego area, Tom (#163) did the right thing on behlaf of GE by having our total bill waived but that does not reimburse me for the hours and hours of time (aggrivating time) spent in pursuit of a resolution of this problem.

DO NOT BUY GE APPLIANCES. DO NOT USE GE SERVICE. Unless you want to get an ulcer.

Erin
Carlsbad, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2006 01:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-Electric/Fairfield-Connecticut-06828/General-Electric-ripoff-huge-waste-of-my-time-in-repairing-Profile-Appliances-Fairfield-Co-209936. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General Electric

GE Employees deny claims on purpose! If they approve they won't pay!

AUTHOR: Marge - (U.S.A.)

If you had a good experience with getting your GE appliance fixed, it was either customer pay or you where 1 in a million that got service. GE managers all said they would call me back, never did. Long hold times. Every week I took off a half day at work just to sit on hold just to hear, we'll call you back. If you tried to call the person you spoke to the week before they tell you that you a lying and no one by that name ever worked there. I've asked for responces in writing, some say there was a letter that went out, managers state no letters can be generated. Still waiting for a letter from Germain, waiting for a call you back in 10 minutes from Vivian the manager, just one more that didn't ever call back. What about Cory, another hiding person. Then it gets better, they have employee numbers. Richard 543107, acording to Vivian, no Robert has ever worked there, but yet I spoke to him 2 times in 14 days. Spoke to Evon # 5716931. Nope he never worked there either according to Vivian. Vivian is this your name or if I call back do you have a new one?

It is degrading the way GE handles repairs. Infact Electric Insurance that GE has did pay for the mold and mildew problem caused by the washing machine. They resolved the extended damages caused by GE. Drywall and flooring repairs caused by wonderful employees of GE stating that they will resolve the issue, ya right! A locate service that took 3 weeks with no responce. I even asked one employee that if all this happened to you and GE handled it like this how would she feel. She laughed and said
GE is a big company and it wouldn't bother her!
Thanks GE, yep your big but your reputation was already bad for service, it just proves now
that your a waste of my time!

I know I'm not the only person that has had this problem. Employees changing their names and covering for eachother. Grow up and be professional like your competitors. If that was my call center for service, I'd clean house. We know you tape calls, does anyone in upper management listen to what your employees are doing to consumers? Vivian insists she basically owns GE, she's the top. Now I just confirmed that the top person of GE doesn't return calls.