Complaint Review: General Electric

• Updated: Mon, September 16, 2013

• Reported By: Tamo — HACKENSACK New Jersey
General Electric
3135 Easton Turnpike, Fairfield, CT 06828 HACKENSACK, New Jersey USA

General Electric Did not return money after accepting product return HACKENSACK New Jersey

*Author of original report: Correction to what website says about my order

I purchased a kit for installing a GE Advantium Microwave. The customer representative said that they had an easy return policy "No Hastle".

I decided I did not need the kit, so I called the customer service department for GE appliance returns, and they gave me an RMA number and told me to write it on the box and ship it to their warehouse.

Weeks went by and I did not receive my refund, so I called GE and the customer service representative told me that my refund was pending and it could take upto 6 weeks to post to my account,

6 weeks went by and I called them again, and this time they said that the warehouse never received my package. Which is odd becuase my refund was pending previously, and also if you go onto their website, and type in my return details it says:

"...[the item] has been returned.."

I swear that this is the whole truth and nothing but the truth. GE appliances accepted the return of an item from me, and never issued me a refund, and denies that they ever received my item, which I strongly beleive that they did.

Unfortunately I never put a tracking number on the box, so it is my advice that whenever you return an item to GE appliances place the tracking number on it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2013 08:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-Electric/HACKENSACK-New-Jersey-07601/General-Electric-Did-not-return-money-after-accepting-product-return-HACKENSACK-New-Jerse-1085072. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General Electric

Correction to what website says about my order

AUTHOR: Tamo - ()

IF you go online to http://www.geapplianceparts.com/GEApplianceParts/validatereturns

and put in my order information it says:

"...the parts on this order have already been returned."  Not "...[the item] has been returned.." which i previously wrote from memory.

I called them earlier in week of 9/9/2013 and that is when the customer representative told me that the warehouse had not received my return.