Complaint Review: General Motors Cadillac Division

• Submitted: Thu, October 08, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, October 25, 2009

• Reported By: auto victim — Potomac Maryland U.S.A.
General Motors Cadillac Division
100 Remaissance Center Detroit, Michigan United States of America

General Motors Cadillac Division No spare tire in the 2008 CTS! Good luck if you get a flat, or in my case a blow out. When requesting a space GM delined!! Detroit, Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: Not Just Cadillac

*Author of original report: A good response

In June 2008 I leased a new Cadillac CTS from Jim Coleman Cadillac in Bethesda, MD.  The acquisition experience was flawless, at least that what I thought.  Everything went well until Saturday, October 3rd, when a tire split open after 12,537 miles.  I was able to get the vehicle home and could not get service until Monday.  The car had NO SPARE, NO JACK, only a foam canister to fill the tire.  That would not fix a split.  On Monday, October 5th the car was towed to the dealer.  I had the forsight to purchase a tire warranty from GM.  They paid for the repair, but it took until Wednesday, during which time I was without a vehicle.  I contacted GM through the 1-800-458-8006 and filed a report under number 71-765228414 with a rep named Bree on extension 33012.  All I asked was for a spare and jack.  I was told that I could buy it for $250!  That after a $50,000 cost to acquire the car.  At no time was I informed about the spare tire situation, and until then had no reason to look for it.  There is a tire well, but no tire.  I then contacted the corporate headquarters and spoke with Erica in the CEO's office (313-667-7153).  I was informed that the customer service rep needed time, and to wait.  I was assured that they would make this right. WRONG!!!  Today, on Thursday at about 1:00 eastern time, I was told that they would do nothing.  Case closed.  I was told that I should have requested it at the time of purchase.  If I had known about it, I would have, but since the sales person did not inform me of this and in fact steered clear of this information, I could not.  I did go to the dealership today, after the call and asked what they could do to help.  I was given the brush off.  DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, STAY CLEAR OF THE NEW GENERAL MOTORS AND THIS DEALERSHIP.  YOU WILL NOT GET ANY CONSIDERATION AFTER THEY GET YOUR MONEY.   What can I say, they are just another part of the government.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2009 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-Motors-Cadillac-Division/Detroit-Michigan-48265/General-Motors-Cadillac-Division-No-spare-tire-in-the-2008-CTS-Good-luck-if-you-get-a-f-506426. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General Motors Cadillac Division

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Not Just Cadillac

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

My 2009 Chevrolet was (luckily) equipped with the OPTIONAL spare tire. GM's rationale is that most people don't ever use a spare so it saves them money to toss in a pressure can of sealant. If your car has the can vs the tire I'd suggest a trip to a salvage yard where you can find one of the small spares inexpensively. Just make sure that it fits your wheel - proper number of lugs etc.

A good response

AUTHOR: Bmw victim - (U.S.A.)

After a call to the communications office in Washington DC, as referred by the "auto czar's" office at the treasury, Cadillac agreed to provide the spare tire kit complementary to us.  We appreciate their quick response, and that of the dealer, Jim Coleman Cadillac in obtaining and installing the part.  Our faith in General Motors is coming back.