Complaint Review: General Motors, Chevrolet - Ken Long's, - Fred Diehl's Chevrolet

• Submitted: Mon, April 21, 2003
  • Updated: Tue, December 16, 2008

• Reported By:Penn Furnace Pennsylvania
General Motors, Chevrolet - Ken Long's, - Fred Diehl's Chevrolet
Walton Rd Detroit,, Michigan U.S.A.

General Motors, Chevrolet Ken Long's, Now Fred Diehl's Chevrolet victimized many consumers ripoff Detroit Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Fred Diehl's is MUCH IMPROVED over Ken Long's

Our 1995 Chevy Blazer purchased from Ken Long Chevrolet, Philipsburg, PA (now Fred Deihl's Chevrolet, Curwensville, PA) is now receiving its fourth transmission. The original one failed at about 12,000 miles, was covered under the warranty, and a second, new tranny was put in at a Chevy dealership in VT.

We had also purchased an extended warranty on the Blazer from Ken Long's dealership after this experience. We took the Blazer back to the Ken Long's Chevy dealership for regular service, and specifically to check the transmission BEFORE this warranty expired, because we reported seeing transmission fluid on the garage floor. They did a transmission service & said it was fine. Obviously, since the second transmission failed, it was NOT fine. The second tranny failed just after the extended warranty expired,at about 71,000 miles and we had to have the tranny replaced again. This occurred at York's chevy dealership in Houlton, Maine, and cost $2000. York's was courteous to us.

We took this matter back to the PA dealer who initially refused to do anything until we took it to arbitration within General Motors, the Chevrolet division. We were offered this deal, which in retrospect we should have refused: Chevrolet paid $500, the dealer paid $500, and we paid $1000.

Now at about 132,000 miles, the third tranny failed, with a bill of $1600. from Pro-Tran, a transmission specialist shop in State College, PA, that tells us the prior trannies were missing a critical part to prevent overheating and failure. We are interested in filing suit and invite others with similar experiences to contact us.

George & sharon
Penn Furnace, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2003 05:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-Motors-Chevrolet-Ken-Longs-Fred-Diehls-Chevrolet/Detroit-Michigan/General-Motors-Chevrolet-Ken-Longs-Now-Fred-Diehls-Chevrolet-victimized-many-consumers-53821. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General Motors, Chevrolet - Ken Long's, - Fred Diehl's Chevrolet

Fred Diehl's is MUCH IMPROVED over Ken Long's

AUTHOR: Max - (U.S.A.)

I wanted to clarify something related to this report, since the filer mentioned that he had these problems with Ken Long Motors, which LATER became Fred Diehl's.
I have purchased vehicles, and had vehicles serviced by Fred Diehl's,
for so long I cannot remember when I started going there... at least 10 years.

I had heard many reports of problems with Ken Long Motors, and in fact, when I personally shopped for a minivan there, the salesman began telling me so many outrageous lies that I would never shop there. For example, when looking at a
used Dodge Caravan on his lot, he flat-out told me it was a "conversion van". It
was no such thing. It was a plain old Caravan.

Anyway, I just wanted to stress that the service, repairs, promptness and courteous behavior I have gotten from Fred Diehl's has been second to none. They are AMAZING. Their work is always done right, always done on time. They even delivered my vehicle to my house a few times (right in town) to help me out. The place gets an A+. In fact, their service is so good that I get our Mercury Villager serviced there, even though it's not a GM product.