Complaint Review: General Motors Corperation

General Motors Corperation
Nationwide, Michigan U.S.A.

General Motors Corperation failed to honor recall Michigan Nationwide

*Author of original report: 2nd ripoff

Column lock recall on my 2000 Vette was revised and GM would not pay for recall related repairs because the original recall was performed unsuccessfully. my Vette steering wheel would fail to unlock due to an electronic lock malfunction making the car undrivable,forcing me to have the car towed to dealership and repaired at my own expense.I might add that under the revised recall, the lock mechanism was completely removed, disabling the steering wheel to lock at all, which is unacceptable. my car has nothing but a door lock now to protect from theft,i think GM should have to buy back thousands of these defective cars!

Brent
wichita falls tx, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2008 07:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-Motors-Corperation/Nationwide-Michigan/General-Motors-Corperation-failed-to-honor-recall-Michigan-Nationwide-333121. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General Motors Corperation

2nd ripoff

AUTHOR: Brent Beggs - (U.S.A.)

Well, I am the owner of the above mentioned Corvette and wanted to offer an update.I paid the $1038.00 extortion to a local dealership to repair the recalled ECL and a multifunction switch so i would have steering and taillights,only to have the car shutdown on me 30 miles later with a code showing fuel shut off,pull key wait 10 seconds.the dealership RELUCTANTLY towed the car and after several days i called and the dealership receptionist told me my car was ready...well i picked up the car scratched paint and all and the next morning...same thing,now my turn signals wont work properly,and the car is only drivable because I INSTALLED AN AFTERMARKET ECL BYPASS,I am furious about this ordeal and hope that all involved rot in Hell.