Complaint Review: General Motors

• Submitted: Tue, July 29, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 29, 2008

• Reported By:Lakeland Florida
General Motors
P.O. Box 33172 Detroit, Michigan U.S.A.

General Motors - Product Allegation Resolution Dept - Allison Holler car burns up its a manufacturer defect and I have to pay GM money! Detroit Michigan

On Aug 21, 2007, my car caught fire under the dashboard while I was driving. The fire department responded. The insurance company declared the car a total loss. The dealership declared the vehicle a total loss.
Fire started at the air conditioner. Air conditioner fan had been repaired and replaced two times prior. General Motors was contacted after filing for the lemon law. I was told that my car was purchased "used" in 2004, therefore did not qualify for the lemon law.
On Oct 8, 2007, Allison from General Motors Product Allegation Resolution Dept called to inform me that the car did have a defect. General Motors wanted to fix it. The dealership did not. They said it was totaled.
I informed Allison that if the car was totaled, I wanted a replacement vehicle. She said I did not have that option and there was no supervisor that I could speak to either. The final decision was hers.

My vehicle was used to transport my handicapped child and his wheelchair. I needed another truck. The insurance company valued my car at: $10,998.14

On Jan 16, 2008, six months later, General Motors finally agreed to pay off my car. They offered me $8800 to repurchase my vehicle. They told me to go to the dealership and get my check.

Once I arrived, the dealership told me that they had my check but I had to make out a check of my own for $1819.94 payable to General Motors!!

The car burns down, its a manufacturer defect, admitted to by General Motors and I have to pay them money!!
I declined their offer. Now I must put my child's power wheelchair hanging out half out of the trunk of my little Suzuki Forenza and pray that it doesn't fall out.

Daisy
Lakeland, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2008 03:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-Motors/Detroit-Michigan-48232/General-Motors-Product-Allegation-Resolution-Dept-Allison-Holler-car-burns-up-its-a-ma-357101. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General Motors