Complaint Review: General Motors/Chevrolet - Tom Henry's Chevrolet

• Submitted: Fri, September 15, 2000
  • Updated: Mon, September 26, 2005

• Reported By:Rossford OH
General Motors/Chevrolet - Tom Henry's Chevrolet
Detroit - Breakertown, MI - PA U.S.A.

General Motors/Chevrolet Tom Henry's Chevrolet in Bakertown, PA ..does not care about customers once they get your money

*Consumer Comment: GM's Customer Service is Non-existent

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: We followed GM's policies and procedures

In June, while on vacation, our 98 Blazer(27300 miles)broke down and was towed to Tom Henry's Chevrolet in Bakertown, PA, for repairs. The fluid line to transmission cracked and leaked 5-6 quarts of fluid. All that they repaired was the line and put the fluid back in. Never dropped the trans to check it, check the screens or filter for shaving etc., drop the pan to check for the same. They then said to me that the fluid was brown when asked what color it was.

Also the asked other questions and told them that if was not fixed right GM would be hearing from me,the answer to that was good luck lady it has over 18,000 miles and is over a year old GM will not do anything.

Within 3 hours the whole transmission burnt up so bad that even the torque converter had to be replaced. It was towed to another chevy dealer who had to rebuild the whole trans. We we stuck in Lancaster, PA and not on the vacation that we had planned. Tom Henry's answer to this is that they followed GM's policy and procedure and did not want to delay us any longer since we ere on vacation.

My husband had to take 2 extra days vacation also while waiting for the Blazer to be fixed. No one will help and I was even told it is my responsiblity to get this Blazer fixed and I asked well, wasn't it Tom Henry then to fix it properly in the first place. She said that they are so many parts on a car that it is hard to find out sometimes what is wrong. Ya, Right. I think it is in common sense 101 that you check something when it looses that much fluid, not just fix it to get rid of the customer. GM do not care about it customers once they get the money from you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-MotorsChevrolet-Tom-Henrys-Chevrolet/Detroit-Breakertown-MI-PA/General-MotorsChevrolet-Tom-Henrys-Chevrolet-in-Bakertown-PA-does-not-care-about-cus-3346. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General Motors/Chevrolet - Tom Henry's Chevrolet

GM's Customer Service is Non-existent

AUTHOR: Rose - (U.S.A.)

I am in Fairborn, OH and I too have found GM to have no customer service. I think they do all they can to get you out of warranty and then simply say, "Sorry, out of warranty--nothing we can do." I should have read more of these rip off reports before paying cash for a new Chevy truck that needs its engine replaced at only 37,000 miles.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

We followed GM's policies and procedures

AUTHOR: Tom Henry - (U.S.A.)

We followed GM's policies and procedures on this repair and replaced the leaking lines and road tested prior to returning it to the customer.