Complaint Review: General RV

• Updated: Tue, August 13, 2013

• Reported By: Mr. Happy — Salt Lake City Utah
General RV
14403 s. Minuteman drive draper, Utah USA

General RV Undervalued trade, high interest rate, bad service department, unit not ready, attempt to charge for item that was paid for, major delay draper Utah

*UPDATE Employee: Corporate Mgmt. Wants to Look into This

*Author of original report: Read my post

*Consumer Comment: Valid Complaints

First of they tried to under value our trade in by $10,000.00, we were ready to leave when they came up on the value. The finance department tried to sell us a bunch of garbage, and we were able to get a better interest rate than what they offered, they claimed it was the best rate available, yet we went through the same C.U..  The service department tried to charge us for a hitch, they called twice, it was included in the total sale. When we picked up our unit it wasn't ready, we had to wait for over an hour while they installed the hitch, and we had to take it back in for the options we wanted installed as well as some damage, they had it for another week, waiting on parts they claim, and again we had to wait for the work to be completed.  I called for my license plates, it's been 5 weeks, still not in.  This place is not customer oriented, I would recommend another dealer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2013 09:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-RV/draper-Utah-84020/General-RV-Undervalued-trade-high-interest-rate-bad-service-department-unit-not-ready-1075414. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General RV

Corporate Mgmt. Wants to Look into This

AUTHOR: General RV Corporate Mgmt. - ()

Hello,

My name is Jon and I handle the online customer service and digital marketing for all of our locations. We certainly want to deliver the best service, and buyer experience in the RV industry, and it sounds like that definitely wasn't the case here. If you could email me directly at social@generalrv.com with a synopsis of your dealings. I would be happy to help.

Sincerely,

Jon Welzel

Internet Marketing Manager (General RV Corporate)

Read my post

AUTHOR: Mr. Happy - ()

If you read my post I said they tried.

Valid Complaints

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

In your narrative you said they under-valued your trade-valid complaint.  Then you said their APR was higher than what you could get and there were add-ons-valid complaint.  Finally, you stated the service department did not come up to your expectations-valid complaint.

End of the story?  Nope. not by a long shot.  Despite all these problems and apparently despite many more they could dish at you, you let them walk all over you and you gave them exactly what they wanted...your money.  Next time, go in with somebody who has a backbone and is willing to stand up for themselves and walk out because you aren't going to be treated like garbage.