Complaint Review: General Revenue Corporation, Sallie Mae, United Student Aid Funds, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, February 04, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, February 04, 2010

• Reported By: ben — bladenboro North Carolina United States of America
General Revenue Corporation, Sallie Mae, United Student Aid Funds, Inc.
po box 613 Indianapolis, Indiana United States of America
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category:

General Revenue Corporation, Sallie Mae, United Student Aid Funds, Inc. called making threats, repeated harassment, and lies Indianapolis, Indiana

Grc has repeatedly called me, as much as up to 7 times a night,  even calling me at work, trying to coerce me into giving them my bank account information. Heck, I don't even have a bank account.
     I offered to arrange payments, even tho it is hard on me since I ended up taking an $11,000 a year pay cut since i signed up for online college with the Art Institute of Pittsburgh.

first time they called, the woman I spoke with tried to get my debit card number I informed them  I had no such card, and she switches mne to her supervisor who constatant ly  tried to berate me with remarks like  " Well, I personally would rather pay $84 a month instead of $300, cause we're going to garnish your paycheck if you refuse"

Even if I HAD an  account I would not hand that info over to them.

they called me at work trying to get my bank info and my boss tells them  they don't allow me to receive calls at work.

Sallie Mae, usa funds and grc has repeatedly refused to let me update my account info with them. even tho I explained i had to leave my old job truck driving due to the fact  I got cut back to one load a week.

Then they start claiming  I told them I made over $1600 a month, which  I never said.  Right now i make just $230 a week after taxes, and the Treasury dept is taking 25% of that, leaving me just $200 a week to pay $1400 a month in bills, half of which is a $667.00 house payment.  I have 2 kids to worry about providing for as well.

They even send me a letter stating they were going to start drawing the payment from my bank account anyway, and even had my old account number i never gave them. The account, of course was closed a long time ago, since i couldn't keep any cash in it.

I contact usa funds, who respond to me with highly unprofessional e mails  simply signed  'PDC (post claims department"} no name or anything.

I send them a 'proof of debt form, which states they should send me all proof of debt, plus show me a written signature of where I signed up for a loan, which, I signed no such paper.

They reply back with only part of the info I request and state in the letter they had no intention of wage garnishment at this time.   One week later, My boss man gets a letter from GRC demanding they start garnishing my paycheck.

I thought  by North Carolina Fair Debt Collection Act they were supposed to contact me by writing of their intent BEFORE contacting my boss for said garnishment.

Before anyone starts with  " There;'s no free lunch here son, or you till have to pay your debt, or no one rides for free'  remember, I offered to send them the requested payment.They got mad when I refused to divulge my bank info.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2010 03:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-Revenue-Corporation-Sallie-Mae-United-Student-Aid-Funds-Inc/Indianapolis-Indiana-/General-Revenue-Corporation-Sallie-Mae-United-Student-Aid-Funds-Inc-called-making-thr-564368. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General Revenue Corporation, Sallie Mae, United Student Aid Funds, Inc.

whereas