Complaint Review: General Steel - Anthem Steel

• Submitted: Wed, March 25, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, March 31, 2009

• Reported By:broomfield Colorado
General Steel - Anthem Steel
1075 S. Yukon St Suite 250 Lakewood, Colorado U.S.A.

General Steel - Anthem Steel Misrepresentation, Fraud, Breach of Contract, Liar, Crooks, Scam artists, Con Artists Lakewood Colorado

*Consumer Comment: Please help! We both were scammed!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Dont waste your time.........

In good faith we gave our deposit for a Steel building we were purchasing.We were promised many things which never happened.
They misrepresented that they were manufacturers,
Engineers, could supply support for construction, foundation design.
The building original quote was $18,000. I realize that did not include a foundation.
They also assured me they had quality contractors to do the work. They did not.
The contractor they sent me to, took $16,000 (Dynamic Steel Builders in Elizabeth Colorado owned by Jim Howe..Another crook)
They promised the building within 2 months and took over a year to deliver.
They overcharged for the building which was incomplete. As well as charging storage.
They like to do all their buisiness via Fax so there is no record of communication to take them to court with. Except of course their contract.
The building took over a year to erect and I had to do the general contracting. Their coordinator was a joke.
The actual final cost not counting the foundation $136,000 and this was with no electricity or interior finish work.
There is so much more but I would have to write a book.
I am planning on taking them to small claims court before the statute of limitations is gone.
Read all the scams on this company here. I believe they are all true.
'General Steel Corporation' is just a registered trademark. It is a LLC wholely owned by Wayne Jeffery Knight. Rot in Hell Jeff!!!

Kaye
broomfield, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2009 07:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-Steel-Anthem-Steel/Lakewood-Colorado-80226/General-Steel-Anthem-Steel-Misrepresentation-Fraud-Breach-of-Contract-Liar-Crooks-S-437422. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General Steel - Anthem Steel

Please help! We both were scammed!

AUTHOR: Ciara - (USA)

Hi Kaye:

I am writing for my parents. My dad is a pastor, and unfortunately got involved with Anthem Steel as well.  Of course, the end result is they have no new church building and are out of approximately $10,000. We are looking to potentially bring a class action suit because we now know that this company is worthless and predatory.  Could you please contact me so that we could talk more about these horrible people? We already went through a small claims action in Broomfield, and unfortunately lost due to a treacherous arbitration clause in a contract my parents hastily signed with Anthem, but that was on our own with no lawyers.  I know we could be successful if we had lawyers and other parties who have gone through the same thing. Please consider us, thank you!!

Ciara
Davenport, Iowa

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Dont waste your time.........

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

Kaye,

Dont waste your time with small claims court, you will get no where and end up losing more money. General Steel and J. Knight have a team of people that spend all their time in court. You will be better off contacting the AG and the BBB.........

Good luck!!!!