Complaint Review: General Warranty Services, Consumer Direct Warranty Services, Mepco

• Submitted: Wed, March 24, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, March 24, 2010

• Reported By: bro_J_F_T — peoria Arizona United States of America
General Warranty Services, Consumer Direct Warranty Services, Mepco
282 main st salem, New Hampshire United States of America

General Warranty Services, Consumer Direct Warranty Services, Mepco consumer direct... refused to accept cancelation of policy less than 24 hours from initial contact salem, New Hampshire

on 1-12-2010, i called this company to notify them i was selling my old car and cancel my policy on that car.  i had not yet taken delivery of my newer car.  i agreed to take a warranty on the new car.  less than 24 hours later on 1-13, i called this co. to cancel the warranty on my newer car.  they asked for a letter which i sent by the end of the day.  this letter did no good so i sent another on 1-25-10, in addition to more phone calls.  still no cancelation nor return of my deposit.  after waiting the required 30days, i disputed the deposit with my credit card co. and eventually got my deposit back.  I thought the nightmare was over. hardly!!!

I start getting calls and letters from mepco, their finance co..  I explain over and over that i canceled this policy to no avail. now i see that after mepco sends my a letter confirming cancelation of my policy, mepco deducted mopney directly from my checcking account.  new headaches!!!

beware!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2010 05:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-Warranty-Services-Consumer-Direct-Warranty-Services-Mepco/salem-New-Hampshire-03079/General-Warranty-Services-Consumer-Direct-Warranty-Services-Mepco-consumer-direct-ref-584835. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General Warranty Services, Consumer Direct Warranty Services, Mepco