Complaint Review: General revenue corporation

• Updated: Thu, August 18, 2011

• Reported By: blipthedwarf — Steger Illinois United States of America
General revenue corporation
11100 USA parkway Fishers, Indiana United States of America

General revenue corporation Sallie mae GRC and Sallie mae refused to acknowledge my payment and stole my tax return Fishers, Indiana

*Consumer Comment: GRC Defrauded Myself AND DeVry

General Revenue Corporation and Sallie mae are the biggest scam artists out there. Many years ago I attended 1 semester at a business school which I was unable to complete because I was working 2 jobs and planning a wedding as well. This was in 2004 or there abouts. I owed almost $3000 for the semester I did attend. I had many money troubles over the next several years and was able to make only occasional minimal payments. However, there were never any problems and I was often able to come to payment plans with them. In 2009 I came into a windfall of money from a life insurance policy my father had of which I was the sole beneficiary. I used that money to pay off any debts I had including my student loan. I paid the loan off in its entirety. One would breathe a sigh of relief, right? That's when the nightmare began. A few months later I recieved a call from Sallie Mae that I was behind on my loan. I said " o contrare. I paid the whole thing off." The guy on the phone didn't believe me even after I gave him the date when the check was written/sent out. I went to my bank an got a copy of the cancelled check and faxed it to the number the guy gave me and he said they would look into it. Appearantly that never happened because I continued to get harassing phone calls from Sallie mae about my loan. I faxed the copy of the cancelled check several times and they even admitted they recieved my fax. However they just said they still didn't believe me. What kind of proof do these people need? I was left alone for several months and soon recieved a letter from general revenue corporation. I called them and explained the situation and even got my mother in law involved who had the attorney's at her work write letters and make phone calls to them. Eventually they sent me back to sallie mae and said I had to clear it up with them. Last year they even tried to garnish my wages. Eventually I recieved a letter stating that they would cease all garnishment activity. Today, However, I recieved a letter from the department of the treasury that they confiscated my entire tax refund. I was counting on that money! Without it I will be unable to pay my property taxes. I am beginning to think this nightmare will never end!! Why pay off your debts when people don't agree that you paid them. Someone cashed that check and I have the proof. Why won't any one believe me? Now I have to go back to the drawing board and shove more paperwork in their faces until they give me my money back. Sallie mae and general revenue corp defrauded me and the federal government. They shouldn't steal, the government hates competition.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2011 11:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/General-revenue-corporation/Fishers-Indiana-46037/General-revenue-corporation-Sallie-mae-GRC-and-Sallie-mae-refused-to-acknowledge-my-payme-730090. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on General revenue corporation

GRC Defrauded Myself AND DeVry

AUTHOR: sprslug_182 - (United States of America)

I understand what you are going through with General Revenue Corporation.  I am dealing with an almost two year issue in regards to them.  Due to some address issues and my lack of responsibility, the loan went into default, which caused it to go to collections, (ie. General Revenue Corporation).  I paid in full, in January 09, the original loan amount, plus GRC's ridiculous collection fees.  I kept calling DeVry and University Accounting Services for my paid in full letter, which never came.  No letter came, but my credit reflected a paid in full status.  DeVry kept claiming that it would be sent and would not have to send until the end of the tax season, which is wrong.  Then, around august of 09, put a duplicate entry on my credit as an open loan, same loan number.  Then, they claim I did a chargeback on my credit card, though it was a check over the phone.  I even showed a statement from the bank showing the money was taken out, and instead of GRC showing proof that I paid, they show a status screen that says chargeback, that's it.  I am now having to fight to show that I paid something and they are fighting to say they believe GRC.