Complaint Review: Generic Trade

• Submitted: Mon, April 02, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, April 16, 2012

• Reported By: Kenneth — houston Texas U.S.A.
Generic Trade
210 Skokie Valley Rd. Internet United States of America

Generic Trade The practice account is NOTHING like the live account and one trading day cost me 1100.00 Totally a RIP OFF! did not advertise or speak of tremendous amount charged. Screwwy, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Confused

generic trade charged 1100.00 for one days trading; insanity is what these clowns sell; have no part of these fools.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2012 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Generic-Trade/internet/Generic-Trade-The-practice-account-is-NOTHING-like-the-live-account-and-one-trading-day-co-862781. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Generic Trade

Confused

AUTHOR: langtrader - (United States of America)

A friend of mine who I recently referred to Generic just sent me this link asking me "what the heck does this mean?" I have to admit that I'm not exactly sure, except that perhaps the author of this article used the demo platform and was surprised that real trading was different than a simulator?

I've been trading there for a few months and that's the only thing I can figure - but if that's the case; don't all brokerage firms have demo platforms? He says they charged him $1100 in one day - is that commission? I'm pretty sure they charge all clients 59 cents commission, which is about as low as I've paid. Did he do 2000 trades?

Anyways, it's probably some sort of misunderstanding, but since I've been pretty happy there so far, I figured I'd write some sort of rebuttle (if that's really what you would call my questions).