Complaint Review: Gene's Chrysler Dodge

• Updated: Sat, March 13, 2010

• Reported By: jn — North Pole Alaska United States of America
Gene's Chrysler Dodge
3500 South Cushman St. Fairbanks, Alaska United States of America

Gene's Chrysler Dodge Charged $1,100.00 to fix my heater and still does not work. Fairbanks, Alaska

*Consumer Comment: You got way more than a ripoff!

I took my 2004 Dodge Caravan into Gene's Chrysler Dodge Dealership in Fairbanks, AK for repairs.  My main concern was the fact that I had absolutely no heat or defrost working.  I picked the vehicle up a few days later, paid a nice $1,100.00 bill, and was told the water pump was leaking and that was the problem.  The heat worked sporadically and I immediately called as was told bring it back in if there is a problem.  I drove it around a couple of weeks with the heat working intermittently, and finally brought it back into the dealership.  They said they did a pressure test and my radiator was leaking.  I asked why it was not checked the first time around.  No answer.  So, for $1,100.00 my heat is still not working and they say they replace the radiator for $400.00 for the part and $100.00/hour for labor, even though a local auto repair shop charges $270.00 for the part.  I asked for my money back for the repairs done that supposedly fixed my heat, but was told, that ain't going to happen by the rude and belligerant service manager, Terry Shepard.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2010 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Genes-Chrysler-Dodge/Fairbanks-Alaska-99701/Genes-Chrysler-Dodge-Charged-110000-to-fix-my-heater-and-still-does-not-work-Fairbank-580380. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gene's Chrysler Dodge

You got way more than a ripoff!

AUTHOR: Will - (U.S.A.)

$1,100.00 to replace a water pump is ROBBERY!  All car stealerships are a ripoff,but this one takes the cake!

anticipation