Complaint Review: Genesis Media Labs

• Submitted: Tue, April 28, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, April 28, 2009

• Reported By:nowhere Alaska
Genesis Media Labs
10073 Valley View Street, Suite #260 Cypress, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: none available
  • Web:
  • Category: Stereos

Genesis Media Labs Sold faulty equipment Cypress California

Just like all other reports about Genesis Media Labs, I was suckered into thinking I was getting a great deal by a couple guys on the street.

After hooking up the speakers, I was really disappointed with the quality of the sound. I thought i was listening to music in a cardboard box. After turning the volume up, the speakers began to distort horribly. After about 10 minuites of tweaking my EQ to get some decent sound, My Marantz amplifier shut down and will no longer work. The power comes on but I get no sound, even with my old set of speakers reattached. I can only guess that the Genesis speakers were wired incorrectly and never tested at the factory.

I've tried emailing the company a few times and I get no response. The website has changed a couple times since I purchased this junk, and everytime, there is never any phone number or contact information (except email or fax). After doing some research, I found out that the picture that is displayed as there 'Office & Flagship Warehouse' in Los Angeles ( http://www.genesismedialabs.com/contact.html ) is really NOT their building.

I will be in touch with the Better Business Bureau and the offices of the Attorney General very soon. Genesis Media Labs obviously has the resources to screw with peoples pocketbooks. I, too, have the resources to do the same to them.

nowhere, Alaska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2009 06:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Genesis-Media-Labs/Cypress-California-90630/Genesis-Media-Labs-Sold-faulty-equipment-Cypress-California-447273. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Genesis Media Labs