Complaint Review: Genesis Media Labs

• Reported By:San Diego California
Genesis Media Labs
http://www.genesismedialabs.com/home.htm Nationwide U.S.A.

Genesis Media Labs Parking Lot Stereo Scam San Diego California

This has been a well-known scam within the A/V industry but this scam has occurred in San Diego near military bases. A man asked me on the road while I was driving if I wanted to buy a new stereo system. I should of had the sense to suspect something, but I agreed. He stated he was delivering stereo for his business but ended up with a few too many systems. He also stated his boss wanted him to sell the systems for whatever he can get and with that money, his boss would take him and his co-workers "to a strip club". He showed me several boxes of seemingly new stereo systems under the brand Genesis Media Labs. He even showed me a "consumer magazine" that listed the product with a MSRP of $2999.99 and listed component information. He opened the box and showed me the components. I probably got greedy and did not let common sense guide me and ended up buying the system for a negotiated price of $200. I returned home and started to research the stereo I bought and found no detailed information from the company website. I researched further and found this was part of a larger, sophisticated scam and the system is not worth the listed MSRP. The receiver does not have any type of functioning controls on the face and the remote is the only way to work the system. A/V websites stated this product is a very cheap system. I am writing to bring awareness to this updated scam because it was a well-thoughtout scam that seems to be occuring in San Diego.

Scott
San Diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2007 10:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Genesis-Media-Labs/nationwide/Genesis-Media-Labs-Parking-Lot-Stereo-Scam-San-Diego-California-273448. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Genesis Media Labs