Complaint Review: Genie Bra

• Updated: Sat, January 28, 2012

• Reported By: SaugatuckMom — Westport Connecticut United States of America
Genie Bra
492 Route 46 East Internet United States of America

Genie Bra Tri Star/Ship out of Wallingford Ct, Corporate Offices in Fairfield New Jersey, Admin offices in Reading PA NOT AS ADVERTISED - NON-REFUNDABLE SHIPPING CHARGE RIDICULOUS Internet, Internet

I fell for the TV infomercial that showed great improvement in womens appearance after putting on the Genie Bra. It does NOT do the things they show. It does not lift - it provides no modesty coverage - nothing at all. Appears to be THE definition of bait and switch. How do those women on TV not have their 'bumps' showing? There is no coverage there! How are they not hanging to their ribs? There is no lift! The product seems to be made from old nylon stockings resewn into the pattern of a sports bra. You'll get the same support by tying an old stocking around your chest. I bought it to have something comfortable to wear around the house that I could answer the door and get the mail in - it isn't even good for that. I had to promise the company that I'd go to the Attorney General in order to get my money back but they still kept $25 shipping fee for a package that cost about $2.00 to mail. I threatened again but by then it had gone on so long and I was over it. I wish I kept going because I can see from these threads that the company is still at it.

I think the way to go with this corporation is to call, write, email CVS and tell them to stop carrying the product. Call, write, email Joan Rivers and let her know that the company hawking her products is quite possibly guilty of false advertising. Obviously the fact that the Genie Bra is making so many people mad has not stopped them from selling it - so we need to notify their vendors and marketers, then maybe they will stop. I highly doubt that any of us will ever see all of our money back so at this point we should concentrate on making them stop. Also be on the lookout for the same product being marketed under other name brands - another way they get around having to cease dishonest operations.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2012 09:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Genie-Bra/internet/Genie-Bra-Tri-StarShip-out-of-Wallingford-Ct-Corporate-Offices-in-Fairfield-New-Jersey-830173. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Genie Bra