Complaint Review: Genie - Garage Door Supplier

• Updated: Sun, March 22, 2009

• Reported By:Monroe Washington
Genie - Garage Door Supplier
www.geniecompany.com Internet U.S.A.

Genie - Garage Door Supplier Terrible Customer Service - No Home Owner Support Monroe Washington

I used to be a former home owner who has since sold my home but had such a terrible experience with this company that even though it's been some time I felt I had to warn others of this company. Beware & do not buy their product. You get no where talking to them.

I purchased a screw driver automatic garage door opener shortly after buying a new home. After three months or so I came home to find my garage door wide open. Some sort of problem with the control that did not keep my garage secure. I called Genie and spoke to their customer service rep. I was told to go back to the manual and do some sort of check. I did this and called the company back having isolated the problem according to their "system" of lights on the machine.

I was told by the 2nd person that they would send a part to replace in the machine. Three weeks go by with no part. So I call the company a 3rd time and was told that the 2nd person I spoke to never placed an order to deliver the part. I got no where with the 3rd person who again told me to go back to the manual and check again by following the manual.

I got so frustrated that I gave up. Do not waste your money on this terrible company. Beware.

Monroe, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2009 06:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Genie-Garage-Door-Supplier/internet/Genie-Garage-Door-Supplier-Terrible-Customer-Service-No-Home-Owner-Support-Monroe-Wash-436580. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Genie - Garage Door Supplier