lunch

• Updated: Fri, November 08, 2013

• Reported By: Justin — plantation Florida
Genie Pools
12940 sw 128 street suite 201 miami, Florida USA

Genie Pools poor workmanship, sloppy work, refusal to perform warranty work, inability to return calls-unprofessional Miami Florida

If you are looking for a pool installation company I would advise against Genie Pools. I had my pool installed less than 3 years ago and have had multiple problems. The first problem was not getting a drainage line to prevent flooding like orignally promised in my initial contract. Gabe Guardia's answer to that when I questioned him was that since I got pavers I didn't need a drainage line. Great answer.

Second problem, my pavers started to shift 6 months after being installed and now they are all uneven. You can hardly walk without tripping. Third problem, the fountains that were installed have all sunk underneath the pavers. That feature is now useless. Fourth problem, a year and a half after installation my heater stops working. I only used it maybe 10 times. It cost me $5,000 for that heater. Up to this point I lived with the sloppy work and inability of Gabe Guardia to even be a professional and return my calls.

This next problem is the one that I refuse to just swallow without at least making future victims aware of. Roughly 2 and 1/2 years after having my pool installed it started leaking. I called immediately to get someone from Genie Pools to come take a look since the contract I signed included a lifetime structural warranty. I was told by the receptionist who answers the phone before anyone even looked at my pool or asked any questions that the reason my pool is leaking is because of the chemicals I used are causing a tear to the line. I guess she is psychic.

I called three times weekly trying to get Gabe Guardia to call me back for a month. Of course, no call back. I paid $40,000 for my pool expecting to have warranty items covered when I needed them. It was one of the worst decisions in my life choosing Genie Pools. Sure they put the pool in, but had no pride  in the job they did and no respect for my hard earned money I used to put that pool in for my family.

I support a family of five children and can't afford to spend money on things that should be under warranty. Genie Pools should not offer a lifetime structural warranty if they don't plan on honoring it. Be very aware that if any problems arise after installation Genie Pools will not be there for you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2013 01:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Genie-Pools/miami-Florida/Genie-Pools-poor-workmanship-sloppy-work-refusal-to-perform-warranty-work-inability-to-1097955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Genie Pools