Complaint Review: Gennaro Emmino

• Submitted: Fri, April 19, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, April 19, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — Smithtown New York
Gennaro Emmino
37 Sheppard Lane, Smithtown NY 11787 Smithtown, New York United States of America

Gennaro Emmino AKA Jerry Emmino Sicko Landlord Smithtown, New York

*General Comment: Gennaro Emmino

*General Comment: I have a different story

*General Comment: I have a different story

I rented a room in Smithtown during a transitional period, short term at 37 Sheppard Lane, Smithtown, NY 11787. The homeowners Cecilia Emmino's son Gennaro Emmino aka Jerry Emmino met with me in January of 2013. During our first meeting he asked me for a $100 deposit to hold the room for me until February 1st. He said he would only accept cash. I agreed. He reluctantly gave me a receipt. I returned a few weeks later to give him the 1st months rent and one months security deposit. Again CASH ONLY! No receipt! At that time 2 more women moved into the house. I was told that I had full use of the kitchen and all common areas of the house inclusive of the gym in the garage. Within 2 weeks Jerry informed me that I could not use the gym or pool in Summer as promised so he put a lock on the garage. He entered my room several times in the middle of the night to chat. WEIRD, I thought. I was told that I could use the house phone for local calls. One day, by mistake I set the answering machine on. I was screamed at and accused of making the phone my own personal phone (I never recorded a welcoming message) I told him he was nuts. He called me a liar, told me I could tell his Mother this story as if he were threatening me with his Mother. His Mother came to the house and accused me of the same. I responded the same. (the apple does not fall far from the tree) Two weeks later they made a huge scene because I parked in the driveway, I got fed up with the nonsense and told them I'd be moving out by May 1st. They insisted I give them rent and I'd get the deposit back when I leave. I refused! Because A. I painted my room, the kitchen and hallway, repaired large holes in the walls and installed switch plates and socket plates throughout the house (they were uncovered) Jerry turned off the heat for over a week during one of the coldest weeks in February. Finally, in the first week of March he tried to push me into the basement and RAPE me. I told him I'd call the police so he let me go. The money he collects from 4 tenants in the house are given to him in cash without receipts. I seriously doubt that he and his Mother are paying tax on this money. After a google search of the referenced address I found out that the house is not in Cecilas or his name. As it turns out it is part of an estate which is to be shared with him and his sisters. The estate was never legally formed as such and the house is still in his deceased fathers name, X husband of Cecila.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2013 02:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gennaro-Emmino/Smithtown-New-York-11787/Gennaro-Emmino-AKA-Jerry-Emmino-Sicko-Landlord-Smithtown-New-York-1044658. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gennaro Emmino

#1 General Comment

Gennaro Emmino

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

I have rented a room from Jerrys' family for over five years. While disagreements may occur... I never witnessed any physical altercations at any time.

#2 General Comment

I have a different story

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

I have been living in the Eminno houshold now for just over 6 months, and I have not experienced any of the previous poster's afformentioned experiences here. Jerry and his mother have always been very open and accomodating, sharing everything in the house, sometimes even food, which I feel is never necessary but a very generous gesture none the less. Jerry has always been very diligent about any repairs needed or things requested in the home. I have full use of the kitchen and living areas as well as the back yard and a parking spot in the driveway.

I've never experienced anything negative in any way and actually I've experienced just the opposite, him going out of his way to make sure I am comfortable. They do have their own house phone which is generally for their personal use, but they are very free to allow use of it for important or emergency calls, which I find very fair. Anyway, I decided to write this rebuttal not to bash anyone or incinuate that someone might be being less than honest, since we are all entitled to express our views of others freely. I just wanted to express my own personal experiences in the same situation.

#3 General Comment

I have a different story

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

I have been living in Jerry Emmino's household now for over 6 months and I have to say that I have not experienced ANY of the previous poster's afformentioned discrepancies, either in the collection of rent or in the use of household facilities. Not only are all facilities open to residents, but both Jerry and his mother are very free to share everything they have, food at times included, which is never neccesary and something I consider a gracious  gesture on their part. Jerry has always been very helpful and is very quick to address concerns or make any minor repairs as they may become necessary and personally I don't see the person the previous poster is describing.

Everyone is always entitled to the opinions of people and to share what they state to be their individual experience. I am not writing this rebuttal to bash anyone or to try to incinuate anyone is attempting to be less than honest, just to relay my own personal experience as well.

biggest