Complaint Review: Genogram Analytics

• Updated: Mon, November 26, 2012

• Reported By: Aedos — Phoenix Arizona United States of America
Genogram Analytics
637 S. Point Rd. Shelby, Michigan United States of America

Genogram Analytics Tom West Purchased an 2YR online counseling chart program in July, 2012 that went defunct. The creator, Tom West, falsely assures replacement. Shelby, Michigan

*Consumer Suggestion: Not a Rip-off, Simply One Small Slip-up During Great Customer Service from A Small Business

Ordered an online 2YR counseling diagramming/charting program called "Genogram Analytics" in July, 2012, from Genogram Analaytics LLC.  The creator and founder, Tom West, upon an online payment of $54.00 via PayPal did send a link and download information for the program via email.

I had not used the program since August until the other day (November 6, 2012), and found when attempting to open up the file from my desktop that it only gave a error message to contact Tom West himself.

I left a voice message, and Mr West returned my call within 2 hours! However, he stated that he had "licensing issues" and "a program glitch" which made my downloadable program obsolete.  He then apologized and asked for my current email to resend a new link for a downloadable and upgraded version of Genogram Analytics.

He never asked my name or for any relevant identifying information for verification.  This seemed to be a fishy red flag to me from the get-go, let alone that Tom West himself called back and not some tech-support operator.

Mr. West stated, "You will have the new link in 10 minutes to your email.  Just save your old files since the new program will replace your old desktop version."  Well, when he never returned a new link, nor responded to an email to his info@genogramanalytics.com site, I new I had been ripped off!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2012 07:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Genogram-Analytics/Shelby-Michigan-49455/Genogram-Analytics-Tom-West-Purchased-an-2YR-online-counseling-chart-program-in-July-2012-966667. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Genogram Analytics

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Daniel - (United States of America)

Hi,

I was searching for some pointers on using Genogram Analytics, to which I currently have a 2 YR subscription and stumbled upon this complaint. I wouldn't normally bother responding but I had a similar issue with the program recently.   I too had a glitch with the licensing, I called the number that popped up to call Mr. West, spoke with him, (on a weekend no less!), and was immediately given the same explanation, and sent a fully functional new download of the program along with a new license to resolve the issues. Since then I have been using the program, as I paid for it, without an issue.

It seems a shame to me that in this day and age of massive businesses that are difficult to contact that Mr. West should be penalized for successfully selling the program while providing excellent customer service to boot.  I understand that it through the person for a loop, I was shocked when I reached someone on a weekend, but my surprise quickly turned to delight.

Re-reading the final portion of the original report, I see he failed to send an email, my solution to you would be to call him back, as I assume you would with any other company that failed to respond, I believe this was a simple slip-up, although I'm sure a major annoyance on your part.

I hope this helps the person who posted the report, as well as any future users who come across this issue.