Complaint Review: Gentle Dental Irvine

• Submitted: Fri, February 29, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, February 29, 2008

• Reported By:Fullerton California
Gentle Dental Irvine
4950 Barranca Pkwy., Suite 105 Irvine, California U.S.A.

Gentle Dental Irvine Overcharge on general clean up Irvine California

This is my first visit as I changed plan from PPO to DMO. Gentle Dental Irvine is one of few offices accept DMO in this area. I was in for a general cleaning. Everything seemed following normal procedures (filling up forms, x-ray, dentist review, etc.) The dentist informed me my teeth are general in good health with minor swollen gum in couple places. Then, I was informed an Insurance Specialist will come in to review my insurance plan. A woman showed up dressed in regular cloth. First she showed me the x-rays again and told me my teeth are in bad shape. She made it sound worse than what the dentist already told me. Then, she told me they have a drug which only need to apply once to heal the swollen gum and make my teeth healthy again. With all the gum disease talk, I was confused and stupid enough to agree to pay $65 for the magic drug which rinsed my teeth (only once) right after the cleaning. When I pay my bill, I copy down the drug name, it is "Chlorhexidine Gluconate". I did a google search and found that this drug is used as anti-septic. It is main used after oral surgery and it should be used on a regular basis to be effective. It costs $10 per bottle. Lesson learn and never go back to Gentle Dental Irvine again.

Chuck
Fullerton, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/29/2008 12:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Gentle-Dental-Irvine/Irvine-California-92604/Gentle-Dental-Irvine-Overcharge-on-general-clean-up-Irvine-California-313341. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Gentle Dental Irvine