Complaint Review: GeoVera Insurance

• Updated: Mon, July 28, 2014

• Reported By: Christien — Houston Texas
GeoVera Insurance
geovera.com fairfield, California USA

GeoVera Insurance Julia Fisher She called me a swindler because I want my claim paid for. fairfield California

My family and I had a house fire at the end of Feb 2014. We had to vacate the home for 6 days. When we received the insurance report, the adjuster claimed that we started the fire and caused damages. His report contradicted the fire report that was done before he arrived. When we sent the fire report, communication ceased.

After trying to make contact with the adjuster for months through email and phone calls, we found the insurance company's number which was previously unlisted. I was then told by Julia Fisher that I was trying to "get fast money", because I wanted this claim paid and the reimbursements for the monies paid for food and the hotel. Even though I had receipts showing that I paid out of pocket for these items, she called me a liar and said the claim was paid out in March for $800 for a house fire.

My husband and stepdad have injured themselves in the kitchen since the fire, because the insurance company refuses to pay this claim. I have two small children and if they are hurt due to the neglience of this company, GeoVera, there will definitely be action taken. We pay insurance for a reason and if a simple house fire takes this long to resolve, this company should really be ashamed of themselves. Insurance companies should employ sympathetic people that are able to speak to people in their time of grief, not call them liars and swindlers. Julia Fisher is a horrible agent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2014 12:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GeoVera-Insurance/fairfield-California-94533/GeoVera-Insurance-Julia-Fisher-She-called-me-a-swindler-because-I-want-my-claim-paid-for-1165569. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GeoVera Insurance