Complaint Review: George Grover - The Home Theater Store

• Submitted: Mon, December 22, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, November 08, 2012

• Reported By:Kennesaw Georgia
George Grover - The Home Theater Store
www.ashtonhometheater.com Kennesaw, Georgia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 678-520-1460
  • Web:
  • Category: Stereos

George Grover - The Home Theater Store White Van Speaker Scam- "Ashton Home Theater System"- Crap Speakers For Deceiving Prices Kennesaw Georgia

*General Comment: Same type of incident

*Consumer Comment: Ashton Home Theater System - Great system!

I was approached by two individuals in a dark-colored van in a bank parking lot who asked if I wanted a speaker system. They had sets of "Ashton Home Theater" Systems, with two versions- one with tall speakers and one with short ones.

This individual- George Christopher Glover, as his drivers license stated- showed me his business license for "The Home Theater Store" and conned me into buying the larger set for $600. The "MSRP" was $3675. His story was that he was selling me floor models that received from the manufacturer for free, but since he didn't have a physical location for the store (that should have tipped me off), he could just sell them for pure profit.

I took the speakers home and investigated them- cheap speakers from China, probably not worth more than $100. They look nice, but they're crap. Now I'm a college student out 600 bucks, with nowhere for these awful speakers to go but the trash.

Paul
Kennesaw, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2008 05:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/George-Grover-The-Home-Theater-Store/Kennesaw-Georgia-30144/George-Grover-The-Home-Theater-Store-White-Van-Speaker-Scam-Ashton-Home-Theater-System-404098. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on George Grover - The Home Theater Store

#1 General Comment

Same type of incident

AUTHOR: jchitters - (United States of America)

I was also approached by a "George Grover" in a bank parking lot, and sold approximately $9000 worth of home theater equipment for a huge discount. I was skeptical the entire time I was speaking to the man, but am hoping to at least recoup the money I spent.

Ashton Home Theater System - Great system!

AUTHOR: Ashton Lover - (U.S.A.)

I too got sold with one of these system but I don't think the quality was that bad.

In fact, we love it with the 5.1 complete surround sound system. Due to hard economic times, we now watched movies at home and get the same movie theater feeling with these Ashton Home Theater System.

I already referred some of these to my friends and family and they all love it and getting great price.