Complaint Review: George Gruber

• Updated: Tue, August 12, 2014

• Reported By: Conned_Customer — Cumming Georgia
George Gruber
Cumming, Georgia USA

George Gruber of The Home Theatre Store White Van - Audio Speaker SCAM Cumming Georgia

I was approached at a gas station near The Collection (outdoor mall) in Cumming, Georgia (off Exit 13 on GA 400).  A white Suburban pulled up next to me and the guy in the passenger seat asked me if I wanted to buy a home theater system.  I said i'd look at what he has.  The trunk was packed with various projectors, projector screens, speakers, receivers, etc all with a company logo of "Innovative Audio".  Needless to say, I was persuaded into buying a small home theater system.  George Gruber even showed me the numerous amounts of business licenses to help ensure that he was legit and was trying to get rid of the additional equipment.  He also gave me his business card and said that he would assist me if i needed help setting it up or if there were any problems with it he would replace it for free.  Oh yeah, he provided me an invoice for the purchase and wrote "1 year warranty. [continued below]....

....." Apparently, (his story) he ordered way more than he was supposed to and if his boss finds out that he did he would get in a lot of trouble so he needed to get rid of the inventory quick.

The worst part is that there is a website for these products .innovativeaudio.us if you notice after looking at the products if you click the link that shows the MSRP it does not link to anything.  I obviously did not notice the inoperable link until after i made the purchase.  I am most likely going to file a police report.  This is the guy: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/george-grover/braselton-georgia-30517-1407/george-grover-rip-off-selling-cheap-merchandise-at-high-prices-braselton-georgia-1027021

Watch out for this guy who supposedly has five different home theater stores in the State of Georgia.  D***, I feel dumb.

Furthermore, I did a bit of research and found that these White Van Scams operate out of JM Entertainment 3230 Peachtree Corners Cir Ste U, Norcross, GA 30092

Hope this helps others in avoiding these scams.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2014 05:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/George-Gruber/Cumming-Georgia-30040/George-Gruber-of-The-Home-Theatre-Store-White-Van-Audio-Speaker-SCAM-Cumming-Georgia-1169399. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on George Gruber