- Report: #109573
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: George S. May
George S. Maywww.georgesmay.com Park Ridge, Illinois United States of America
George S. May is the absolute worst employer I've ever had. Rip-off! Park Ridge Illinois
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I went to training class in Park Ridge and was pleased to meet a room full of professional looking individuals that were obviously very experienced in the business world. As training commenced, I quickly had a lump in my gut as we were being told that we will be REQUIRED to collect money on the spot from our clients or we would not be paid. This made me very uncomfortable as I had been used to someone else handling the billing and my focus was simply to take care of the client. As time went on, I overcame this fear and regretably finished the class and went out on my first assignment.
In retrospect, the training focused mainly on billing the client and preparing our expense reports. There was very little training on GSMIC's products/services. As a matter of fact, we were told the the majority of our clients were uneducated and even if we did not know what we were doing, it was OK because the client would never know.
Following are a few examples of incidents that occurred while working as a Staff Executive at GSMIC:
- Corporate was not satisfied with the client's letter of satisfaction. I was told to stay at a client's site non-billable and force the client to rewrite the letter or resign. - I was told to work 10 hours/day and get paid for 8. - I spent numerous days in hotels or airports waiting for an assignment, not knowing where I was going or if I was going home. - I was sent on jobs that were "unlikely" to open. Of course, when a job doesn't open, I didn't get paid. - I was told to sell clients more hours even if they didn't need the work. - I spent a lot of billable time doing required paperwork for GSMIC which added absolutely no value to the client.
George S. May is a horrible employer. I have left the company and refuse to account for this time on my resume because I believe it will hurt my chances for meaningful employment. "George" as we called it, treats its employees like dogs and quite interestingly, like good dogs, many of the employees keep coming back and are loyal to their masters.
Another interesting point is how GSMIC chooses the titles of its employees. If you'll notice, all survey and M/S employees have the word "Executive" in their title. This is so they can get away with paying you that measley $155/week and legally still fly under the radar.
I was there for six weeks and refused to make a pact with the devil. For those of you who have been there for six months or more, SHAME ON YOU!!!
Ethan Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/22/2004 09:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/George-S-May/Park-Ridge-Illinois/George-S-May-is-the-absolute-worst-employer-Ive-ever-had-Rip-off-Park-Ridge-Illinois-109573. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.