• Report: #1120915

• Updated: Tue, February 04, 2014

• Reported By: Jason — San Diego California
Georges Mobile Service
Lakeside , Select State/Province USA

Georges Mobile Service Georges Marine Service Overcharged, Performed additional work without authourization, filed lien and sued me for not paying Lakeside california

I purchased a used Bobcat tractor in 2012.  I had some minor service issues that needed to be done and so I went online and found Georges mobile service. George came up to my residence multiple times to fix various things such as tire repairs and hydraulic lines.  George’s mobile service always gave me verbal estimates and after the work was completed I always paid promptly.  On one occasion to fix a tire George said that there was hydraulic fluid coming from the tire and that he would have to take the wheel off and replace the wheel bearings.  I was always verbally quoted and I had no reason to believe that this time was any different.  George quoted me $1300 and I agreed.  He came and picked up the bobcat and two weeks later he returned it to our house.  Soon after I received an invoice for $5932.64.  I was very frustrated that the invoice was many times more that the verbal estimate and I was never notified that there was going to be any additional charges. Since I only paid $8000 for the bobcat originally I was never given the opportunity to get a second opinion or decline the work.

After this incident I did not have any further work done from this company.  George’s mobile service hounded me for payment and I felt obligated to pay for the work since he had done the work.  But I felt that I was duped and had issue with paying the invoice.

On February 5th 2013 I received an email from the owner of the house that I am currently renting from and have open negotiations for a lease option to purchase.  The email stated that a lien was placed on the house.  I contacted a lawyer right away and he explained that a lien should have never been placed on the property.  A letter was sent to Georges mobile.  The lien tainted the negotiations and the owner of the house changed the terms of the agreement that are less favorable.  we are still waiting for the documents.

Georges Mobile filed in small claims court against my company that was not in anyway associated with the repairs.  They served us underhandly and since we were unaware of the court date they got a default judgement and were able to succeesfuly hit our corporate account.

Unless you enjoy undue pain and suffering I would stay away from this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/04/2014 03:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Georges-Mobile-Service/Lakeside-Select-StateProvince/Georges-Mobile-Service-Georges-Marine-Service-Overcharged-Performed-additional-work-with-1120915. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Georges Mobile Service