Complaint Review: Georgia Check Recovery

• Updated: Sat, February 20, 2010

• Reported By: Blondie — Oklahoma United States of America
Georgia Check Recovery

Georgia Check Recovery BOGUS....HATEFUL....VERY DISRESPECTFUL!!!! Internet

On Febuary 17, 2010, I recieved a letter from Georgia Check Recovery....I had NO IDEA what the letter was about! It had no amounts or business names other than their letter head. It read THIRD NOTICE on the top of the page! I knew this was the first time I had recieved a letter from this company! I called the number on the letter head and asked to what the letter was in reference to, and was told that in 2005, I had written a check that was returned by my bank. I knew that I had written a check to that company, but I also knew that the check was paid! I told the woman whom I was speaking with that I had PAID the debt in 2005 and who the money was paid to. She called me a liar and began to get verbally abusive! She would not listen to anything I said and began to yell over my talking, telling me that I would be thrown in jail! I told her that there was NO WAY that I was paying the debt TWICE....She asked me If I WANTED TO GO TO JAIL???? I told her she could just send me...She said FINE I WILL!! I hung up with the woman still yelling threats!! I was amazed that a company done business this way!!!! I was very upset! Then next morning, I recieved an anonymous phone call on my cell phone, and it was the same woman. As soon as I said Hello, the woman asked me if I was gonna pay the debt...I said " EXCUSE ME"...she didn't even Identify herself or what company she was from. Again, immediately she told me that she was issuing a WARRANT for my arrest and that I was going to jail and hung up!!!! I called my local AUTHORITIES and reported her and her company! I cant believe there are companies out there that authorize their employees to act this way!!!!! THESE PEOPLE ARE SHADY!!! BEWARE!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2010 11:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Georgia-Check-Recovery/internet/Georgia-Check-Recovery-BOGUSHATEFULVERY-DISRESPECTFUL-Internet-572344. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Georgia Check Recovery