Complaint Review: Georgia Power

• Reported By: Pure — Athens Georgia United States of America
Georgia Power
241 ralph mcgill blvd Atlanta, Georgia United States of America

Georgia Power Illegal bill Atlanta, Georgia

I use to live with someone. At first the bill was in my name. This person crash me into a utility pole and cost georgia power a couple of thousand dollars. Some how they got all his information and the bill started coming in his name instead of mines.

Not as a cosigner but as if I never had a bill with them from that address. I complain that seems illegal but I realize they may have did it as a tactic to make him pay for that broken utility pole. Now that bill was permanently in his name at that particular address.

It took me a couple of months to leave him in that home but I did. We were never married nor do we have kids together. I move in my own apartment. Eight months later I recieve this outrageous bill saying I owe the 1,884.60. I called georgia power and ask them whats the meaning of a bill like this for this small apartment.

They told me that they transfer his bill to mines cause I at one time benefit from it. I told them I  left this man and should not be responsible for his bill. The bill was not in my name but in his. I have never heard of this before where they can give non-relative that still alive bill to someone else cause I use to live there at one time.

He still was there when I left and I shouldn't be responsible for his own bills. Georgia power is giving me a couple of days to come up with 1,614.70 or I'm being shut off. This has to be a rip-off I am not responsible for someone else bill. I was never a co-signer the only thing they allow me to do in the past for him was get information on his account and I needed his permission to do so. But I never co-sign on anyone account. My daughter is pregnant this is not right for her to have to live in the dark and put her baby in jeopardy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2012 05:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Georgia-Power/Atlanta-Georgia-30308/Georgia-Power-Illegal-bill-Atlanta-Georgia-898529. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Georgia Power