Complaint Review: Georgia Power

• Reported By: keisha — Atlanta Georgia
Georgia Power
Internet USA

Georgia Power Charged me for usage I didn't use Atlanta Georgia

After getting service with Georgia power I spoke with Mrs. Wells who informed me that I was to pay $1,573 to restore my service when I asked her why I was paying so much she stated that my deposited fee was $500. reconnection fee, meter installion and the rest was owed from sevice used from december- february. After paying $800 to get my service on and making arrangements with the rest, I got a bill in the mail for $991 with a charge of reconnect fee so I called to see why they was chargeing me another reconnect fee. I explain to the lady that something is not adding up and I told her all the charges that Mrs. Wells quoted me only to find out that my deposited fee was only $150 and the fees came from service that was used at the house from sept-feb.

After being transferred to back to Mrs. Wells she stated that is not what she told me about the charges she said she told me she was charging me from sept-feb which was not true. When I asked her to let me speak to another manager over her and go back to listen to the tape she replied she was going to have the manager call me back that was 2 1/2 weeks ago and still no call. I called her on Friday, Monday and today and they say she is out of the office and don't know when she will return. If anybody know how to get intouch with the corporate office please help me because Georgia Power cannot keep ripping us off, people work to hard to pay their bills and to not have any left because Georgia Power is taking it all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/07/2013 06:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Georgia-Power/internet/Georgia-Power-Charged-me-for-usage-I-didnt-use-Atlanta-Georgia-1048964. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Georgia Power