Complaint Review: Georgia Power

• Updated: Sun, April 29, 2012

• Reported By: Cindy — Silver Creek Georgia United States of America
Georgia Power

Georgia Power Southern Company Smart Meter Internet

*Consumer Comment: In my prior posting, I forgot to post the link mentioned..

*Consumer Comment: Herre's a link to a report commissioned by the state of California to look into smart meters...

*General Comment: Cindy?!!! as you call yourself?!!!!

*Consumer Suggestion: stop smart meters georgia . org

*Consumer Suggestion: stop smart meters georgia . org

*Consumer Comment: Cindy,

*Consumer Comment: Hmm

*Consumer Comment: That's a new one..

Since they installed our Smart Meter, or monthly bill have skyrockted and I had a nice Cypress tree planted and it has died do to this box

Thanks
Cindy

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2012 06:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Georgia-Power/internet/Georgia-Power-Southern-Company-Smart-Meter-Internet-861311. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Georgia Power

In my prior posting, I forgot to post the link mentioned..

Here it is.

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Decide for yourselves without all the hype from the hysterical doomsday prophets that jump on every new technology.  I was hoping Cindy was right and the smart meters would kill some of my neighbors trees so my solar could produce more...no such luck in two years.

I have 2 regular meters and 2 smart meters on my home.

My solar system uses a smart meter for its power production and 2 meters the power company monitors.

My natural gas meter is retrofitted with a smart module and I can see my daily usage.

What a surprise, my health hasn't had any noticeable changes since all this "dangerous, conspiritorial" equipment was installed.  The solar smart meter and the analog power company meter that measure the same solar output track perfectly....no "TRIPLE BILLS."

If the nanny state of California can conclude that there is no evidence of human harm from these meters, who are we to speculate its the end of the world?

Incidentally, ANY meter, analog, digital OR smart when used in commerce is considered revenue grade and its basic accuracy is REQUIRED to be better than 1/2%.

I now turn this forum back to the frantic and those that see every new thing as a HUGE conspiracy to harm us and separate us from our money....go.....!!!

#3 General Comment

Cindy?!!! as you call yourself?!!!!

AUTHOR: stopsmartmetersgeorgia - (United States of America)

No one said they wanted the power company to pay for the dead tree!  How dumb of you to think that!  If smart meters were do safe then way are states after states giving opt outs?  Why are there study after study suggesting they cause cancer, what are they catching on fire and blowing up then?  yeah thats right in Florida a tech was injured due to it blowing up and then there are all the fires.  Let not metnion that they spy on your home and make you vuneralble to theft.  You know in Massachusetts you cannot even install them there becuaes privacy laws are so strict so give me a break Mr. or Mrs. Pro-smart meter.  We will see how you feel in a few years after triple light bills and all the other problems that come with this meter! Oh yeah, lets not forget all the class action suits for overcharging.  That's right triple bills!

#4 Consumer Suggestion

stop smart meters georgia . org

Hello Cindy,

Please join us on Facebook or go to our web site above for more info.  WE would love to know what your bill has been raised to since your meter was installed.  There are many problems around the country with these meters.  There was an opt out bill in Georgia that passed the senate and has since been tabled by some members of the energy committed in the Georgia House.  We need laywers to come forward to help us with our next move.  Please join us on Facebook you can find us by going to the web site and click on the FB icon.  We would love to see you there!

#5 Consumer Suggestion

stop smart meters georgia . org

Hello Cindy,

Cindy,

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Installing your "smart meter" accomplishes several things, one is the power company doesn't have to pay someone to come out and (sometimes erroneously) read your meter and you can likely read your usage on their website.  It does NOT make your bill go up, it reads the same information as your former meter and sends a very brief data burst on cell phone frequencies.

It CAN NOT kill your Cypress tree, your cat, dog, birds, kids, or any other living thing that your cell phone doesn't kill.  Even less chance of that due to the extremely short transmission time.

If you plan on using the meter as a reason to get the company to replace your tree, they'll laugh you right out of court.  I'm getting a chuckle right now, myself.

Hmm

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

A tree hating Republican electric meter! Down with left wing Cypress trees! If they could walk, they'd occupy Wall Street!

Make sure this isn't the same Smart Meter burning down homes in Florida.

That's a new one..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I had a nice Cypress tree planted and it has died do to this box

Can you please explain how the Smart Meter killed your Cypress tree.