Complaint Review: Georgia Power

• Updated: Wed, April 17, 2013

• Reported By: karlanoonan — Savannah Georgia
Georgia Power
96 annex rd Internet United States of America

Georgia Power processed payment incorrectly and charges me for their error Atlanta, Internet

I have been making payments online to Ga power from the same bank accounts (2) as long as we've had these two bank accounts.  I have made 3 payments back to back, 4/1 = $280, 4/9 = $300, 4/11 = $242.04,  and all of a sudden they say the info that was entered, a YEAR or more ago, is now wrong. They are charging us nsf's and $150 dep for those returned items.  I checked w/ Bank of America and spoke w/ many people, and departments,  and Ashley verified that the amounts show in transit through a 3rd party, they were debited but not returned. That Ga power keyed in the wrong information.
Danielle, in collections at Ga power, informed me that the last number of the routing number was not entered - she is who I spoke with FIRST, before contacting the bank.

After the bank phone call I called Ga power back.  I spoke with Tara at ext 33115.  I'm sure that call is recorded and it can be retrieved from them.  She stated that they intentionally drop the last number for security reasons - WHAT?  Then she put me on hold for a long period of time and came back with an excuse that I transposed the routing and account numbers.  Again, WHAT?  Why would I change anything that had been entered LONG LONG ago?  Isn't the purpose of them having the page saved so we don't have to constantly keep looking it up? I am so appalled at this company - we, as consumers, have zero choices and apparently they  can take our money any way they please?
She very bluntly told me that this was no error of theirs and no fees would be reversed, then I bluntly cursed her.
THREE excuses, NO owning up to their mistakes, ZERO compensation, ZERO consumer rights.  They are thieves and this type of practice needs to be dealt with please.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2013 03:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Georgia-Power/internet/Georgia-Power-processed-payment-incorrectly-and-charges-me-for-their-error-Atlanta-Inter-1044074. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Georgia Power