Complaint Review: Germain Auto Sales

• Updated: Wed, February 02, 2011

• Reported By: John — Fort Myers Florida USA
Germain Auto Sales
8600 Colonial Center Drive Fort Myers, Florida United States of America

Germain Auto Sales Germain Auto Advantage. Germain Toyota, Germain BMW Lousy Treatment by Car Dealer Fort Myers, Florida

I bought a 2008 Toyota Prius this past New Years Eve, from Germain Auto Advantage in Ft. Myers, FL. After all the paperwork was complete and we were leaving the salesman, "Mike" said, "Oh, there's only one set of keys". Since this is the third sale I brought to them, they said they would arrange for me to get another set of keys and would call me. NOTHING. I kept calling, had one manager "Phil" even hung up on me. I called the owner, Bob Germain who owns several dealerships around here, explained the situation to his assistant and she promised to get back to me. NOTHING. A very disingenuous customer rep "Pat" called me and said, "If we gave out keys we would be a non-profit". Stupid statement. Then she said your salesman had you sign an obscure document among dozens of others, saying I may or may not get two keys, floor mats and a manual. They really pulled a fast one. I should have paid more attention and they should have lived up to their promise. Needless to say, the key goes for $300+ and I was lied to. I have two more kids to help buy cars; I can safely say it will not be at Germain whose staff has problems with the truth.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2011 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Germain-Auto-Sales/Fort-Myers-Florida-33905/Germain-Auto-Sales-Germain-Auto-Advantage-Germain-Toyota-Germain-BMW-Lousy-Treatment-by-689884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Germain Auto Sales