Complaint Review: Germain Toyota of Naples

• Updated: Sat, October 17, 2009

• Reported By: Mr. Corona — Naples Florida USA
Germain Toyota of Naples
13327 N Tamiami Trail Naples, Florida United States of America

Germain Toyota of Naples Germain Big Lots! Keeps $5000 Deposit of Young Family in Naples, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Why Not Cancel BEFORE You Sign?

*Consumer Comment: GO TO YOUR LOCAL NEWS STATIONS IMMEDIATELY AND....

We recently purchased a used Toyota Camry from Germain Toyota of Naples. Less than one hour after signing the contract, after going over the numbers in more detail, I attempted to cancel via phone without success. The next day, my wife and I went in and spoke with the used car manager and he litterally laughed at us. He offered to sell us another car, but instead worked with us a little on the down payment. To make matters worse, the bank later decided to "kick back" the loan because I said the word "lawyer" on a phone interview. (I never said I was ready to sue or go to court over the matter.) Now, Germain has the car that I purchased and they are keeping my $5000 deposit. They have said that the matter is now in the hands of their attorney. However, they refuse to provide me with the attorney's name or any contact info. I have yet to receive any legal documents or phone call from an attorney. I am 24 years old with a wife and son. I'm doing my best to get ahead in this world. In times like these, the very least I would expect from the "11th largest car dealership in the nation" is just a tiny bit of understanding. Germain is not humane!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2009 06:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Germain-Toyota-of-Naples/Naples-Florida-34110/Germain-Toyota-of-Naples-Germain-Big-Lots-Keeps-5000-Deposit-of-Young-Family-in-Naples-510697. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Germain Toyota of Naples

Why Not Cancel BEFORE You Sign?

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

You said you reviewed the figures in detail AFTER you signed the contract?  Why didn't you do that BEFORE you signed the contract?  They have a signed contract which says you agree with the terms.  Why would they now want to redo the deal?

I'll NEVER be able to understand why so many of you people do something as STUPID as sign contracts WITHOUT reading them!  It is absolutely SENSELESS!

But its the car dealer's fault, right?????

GO TO YOUR LOCAL NEWS STATIONS IMMEDIATELY AND....

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

give them all the details to your story, along with all of the paperwork regarding your transaction.

GET YOUR STORY ON LOCAL TV!

Let the Toyota dealership know you are doing this by faxing a copy of your Ripoff Report to them. Most Toyota dealerships in the USA are owned & operated by people who should be criminally charged for FRAUD, in my opinion.

'Google' this- AUTO DEALER LOUIS F HARRELSON TO PLEAD GUILTY, and read it. Then 'Google' this- CAR SALES: TRICKS OF THE TRADE- CONSUMER ALERT, and watch how the 3rd largest publicly held dealer group in the USA operated when selling a car to a woman named Tori. They own several Toyota dealerships in the USA. The name of this dealer group caught on hidden camera, altering a credit application, is Sonic Automotive. Then go to the 'NISSAN' page of this site & read Tanya's recent Ripoff Report involving "forged" loan documents.

*SPREAD YOUR RIPOFF REPORT ALL OVER THE WEB!

Good luck.