Complaint Review: Get Cafe Cup

• Updated: Sat, December 29, 2012

• Reported By: MTB — Round Lake Illinois United States of America
Get Cafe Cup

Get Cafe Cup getcafecup.com Very deceptive advertising Internet

I placed an online order at getcafecup.com after seeing the commercial on TV.  We use alot of k-cups, so it sounded like a great deal. It also looked like the thing would work.

I went to the website, where the cost was supposed to be $10.99 with free shipping.  The first information I had to put in was my credit card number, which is unusual.  I am a big internet shopper, so I should have known to stop there.

The website took me thru 4 or 5 screens asking to upgrade my order, I declined at each new page.  Without warning after the last decline of upgrade, the next screen was my order has been processed and placed for $33.96!!!!  No overview page, no "submit order" page - just jumped from $10.99 to $33.96.  Never ever ever again.  Next time I see an ad on TV and think I want the merchandise, I will call the 800 number and at least have the ability to decline before I am charged $33.96.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2012 09:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Get-Cafe-Cup/internet/Get-Cafe-Cup-getcafecupcom-Very-deceptive-advertising-Internet-988538. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Get Cafe Cup