midnight

• Submitted: Thu, December 09, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, December 09, 2004

• Reported By:Ro Washington
Get Special Gifts.com
14545 J Military Trail #189 Delray Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Get Special Gifts.com ripoff bait & switch changed terms won't respond to emails Delray Beach Florida

I completed the initial survey, and completed the required offers within a short time later. I soon received an email congratulating me on winning the Bose WaveRadio, and asking me to print out the voucher's and return them, which I did.

They really made it sound good by putting statements in the email that they were so caught up on things that they would be sending the radio to be received by me in two weeks, or so. They went on to state that because they were so ahead of schedule, I might get it sooner than that but no way would it take the usual four weeks for me to get the radio. I sent the gift voucher by certified mail, return receipt requested, to ensure proof of delivery. I waited for about a month but heard nothing from them, even though I sent several emails asking what the situation was.

Finally, I checked the site hoping for an update and got a shock. The site said that there was an error and to contact customer service, the wording looked like they were voiding my account. At this time, I got the gift voucher back as unclaimed, the letter sat in GetSpecial Gifts Po box for a month because they wouldn't sign for it. I've remailed the gift voucher, sent letters, and numerous emails and Get Special Gifts will not respond at all.

Jason
Olympia, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2004 10:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Get-Special-Giftscom/Delray-Beach-Florida-33484/Get-Special-Giftscom-ripoff-bait-switch-changed-terms-wont-respond-to-emails-Delray-Be-1032795. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Get Special Gifts.com