Complaint Review: Get out of debt: STEVE RHODES

• Updated: Tue, December 20, 2011

• Reported By: anonymous — san diego California United States of America
Get out of debt: STEVE RHODES
washington, District of Columbia United States of America

Get out of debt: STEVE RHODES STEVE RHODES HUGE SCAM SO BEWARE! Get out of debt website full of crap! washington, District of Columbia

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Comment just not true.

*Consumer Comment: Steve Rhode is a Scammer and always has been

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Happy to Set the Record Straight

Beware of this Steve Rhodes guy.  His advice is very limited to dated knowledge.  I'm guessing he knows this because his activities to get people to visit his site are very shady at best.

First of all, he CLAIMS to get you out of debt for free yet he has Google ads all over his site.  His advice will push you to clicking on those ads so he can get paid.  On the other end are his affiliations that will then charge you for their services.

Before I get too deep into this you have to see this site:

This guy is obsessed with trying to be the next Dave Ramsey.

So much so that he only delivers bad press about other companies to try and get other to visit his site and click on his ads.

For example, he will sign up for your company newsletter and then go as far as to write articles on his own site criticizing your newsletter.  Correct me if I'm wrong but if you are sending an email out to your own private list then who cares how you do your marketing?

This guy does.  According to his website he seems to stick with mostly services in the finance industry.

So, he will sign up for your company newsletter and then begin to post an article on his own site about your company and what you say to your own customers and prospects.  In some cases the only proof he claims to show people about a company is the actual company newsletter that was sent to him from signing up on your list.

He NEVER has actually used your service so he's basing his articles on smoke and mirrors.

Again he CLAIMS it will be submitted by another user but we all know the truth on that statement.  The only people who follow this guy are the ones that are just as clueless as he is or are getting paid to do so.

He never brings hard testimonials from any company about their service either.

He writes ONLY negative press about your company because he somehow thinks that Dave Ramsey or someone like him may pick up his news one day and tell him how great he is at  slamming other companies WITHOUT PROOF!

Good luck on that one Steve Rhodes.

Steve Rhodes is clearly an idiot when it comes to finance and is only out for personal gain.

He slams a number of companies on his website that I know for a fact are honest companies with great reputations.

His website sounds like he took a bunch of information all around the net and compiled it into one little spot and then said, "Hey, I'm Steve Rhodes and I'm now an expert!"

Right....an expert at slamming good honest companies reputations.

Oh and by the way, DON'T be stupid and contribute anything to his "Legal Fund" as he calls it.  As with any opinion his site is protected by certain laws anyway so any money you may donate just goes into his pocket.

BEWARE of any of his advice.  Don't listen to anything this guy has to say.

All of his advice is hearsay and he often pays other to back him up and submit argument son his own website.

If you are thinking about using a company that he's slamming on his site then my advice would be to do other research on the company beforehand but don't take his advice.

Chances are anything he says about any company is completely false or misleading.  He is known to fake tons of documents.

Whatever company you are thinking about dealing with do other research on that company first.

DON'T listen to what this guy says.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2011 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Get-out-of-debt-STEVE-RHODES/washington-District-of-Columbia-/Get-out-of-debt-STEVE-RHODES-STEVE-RHODES-HUGE-SCAM-SO-BEWARE-Get-out-of-debt-website-f-751597. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Get out of debt: STEVE RHODES

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Comment just not true.

AUTHOR: Steve Rhode - GetOutOfDebt.org - (USA)

Someone posted that "if you research, you'll find he scammed the innocent elderly posing (as he does now) as a financial expert." There is no truth in that statement.

They also say, "he simply scams and misleads via baiting people and he takes kick backs from his accomplice Damon Day and many others." Again, no basis in this statement since I do not accept money from Damon Day and others. The site sells no products or services and sells no leads.

See the the FAQs on the Getting Out of Debt site for more.

Steve Rhode is a Scammer and always has been

AUTHOR: SteveScamRhodes - (United States of America)

Steve Rhode and www.getoutdebt.org has been ripping off and scamming people for years!

Steve, you are the scum of the earth and time will soon catch up with you for your crimes... tick tock

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Happy to Set the Record Straight

AUTHOR: Steve Rhode - GetOutOfDebt.org - (United States of America)

I just found the complaint above and welcome the chance to address the points raised.

1. My name is Steve Rhode, not Rhodes.

2. The statement that my advice is "very limited to dated knowledge" is ridiculous since I'm always working on the latest breaking stories.

3. The claim is that I have Google ads on my site at GetOutOfDebt.org and that is true. Revenue from ads allows me to help people for free. I clearly spell out the entire issue of ads, why I have no control who appears and I have no relationship with people that advertise. See the site terms for a lot of additional information on ads.

4. I do not suggest to anyone that they click on any ad.

5. The person filing the report mentioned http://www.debtmanagementguys.com/blog/144/rebuttal-to-steve-rhode-the-get-out-of-debt-guy-dork/ but failed to post my previous rebuttal to that post. See OK, I Finally Have to Answer the Debt Management Guys Rebuttal to Steve Rhode, The Get Out of Debt Guy Dork.

6. To my knowledge I have not signed up for any newsletter as the person charges. All of the stories on my site come from insiders, tipsters, regulators, and news sources. I often have people that receive solicitations, forward them to me via my confidential tip page.

7. The criticism is that I only write bad stories about companies. It is true many stories have been about companies that have been sanctioned, participants that have been arrested, suits that have been filed, regulator action, etc. But I cover the debt relief world and that is news out of the debt relief world. I also answer thousands of questions from consumers for free and guide them to get help.

8. The unhappy person says I slam other companies without proof. Yet you will find my articles are well sourced, contain links to the supporting documents or images of the issue and if there ever was a fact that was incorrect I'd be happy to change it. Any company I write about is free to post a comment on the story in question and bring the error to my attention. But frankly, that just does not happen.

9. The complainant alleges I "fake a ton of documents", "pay people to back me up on the site", and say things that are "false and misleading". And while those sound like grand claims, I invite you to come to the GetOutOfDebt.org site and see if you can find any allegations of documents I posted being faked or lies.
I think the more logical conclusion to draw about this complaint is that I wrote about a debt relief company or individual, struck a nerve, and they are now trying to discredit me. Unlike my articles which contain supporting documentation to back up the facts, this complaint does not, and what does that tell you?

Steve Rhode
Get Out of Debt Guy
"I write about the debt world."
Find me on: Twitter | Facebook | Google+