Steele

• Updated: Sat, February 02, 2013

• Reported By: Francis — Ehai Hawaii United States of America
Get out of debt guy
1201 constitution Ave, Washington DC 20090 Internet United States of America

Get out of debt guy Getoutofdebt.org, Steve Rhodes, Rhodeoutofdebt Sells My Information to Other Companies Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Really?

After I typed helped get out of debt his Website popped up. I looked through it and it seemed to be a pretty awesome site but I noticed he didn't endorse any companies but he site was littered with adds from other debt consolidation companies. I clicked on One, I won't mention because I'm going to write a separate rip-off report for those guys, but as soon as i clicked on it I started receiving Pop-up galore. I quickly Excited the main site but then my gmail got filled up with 15 get out debt offers from companies all over the country. I just can't stand these Landing page site that look like blogs but are just intro to add pages. This guy is like one long commercial with no substance. Thanks for nothing getoutofdebt.org. I don't even think there is a real Steve Rhodes though. I should have known by the fake looking picture on the cite.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2012 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Get-out-of-debt-guy/internet/Get-out-of-debt-guy-Getoutofdebtorg-Steve-Rhodes-Rhodeoutofdebt-Sells-My-Information-to-922074. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Get out of debt guy

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Really?

AUTHOR: Steve Rhode - GetOutOfDebt.org - (USA)

Like any other media outlet the GetOutOfDebt.org website is funded by advertising. We run only ads generated by Google. We have no selection in the ads people see and we describe the Google ad presentation process and even why different people see different ads. See the site terms at http://getoutofdebt.org/terms/

Ads from Google contain links to advertiser websites. The GetOutOfDebt.org website obviously has no control over what happens on other sites. But in our experience, Google does a very good job generally in policing against sites with popups as described. If they had not caught that site the author mentioned, I'm sure they will.

The GetOutOfDebt.org website could not be responsible for the for the receipt of email offers as described since we do not collect the email address or identity of general site visitors.

If the thousands of pages of self-help and guidance the site provides is insufficient for the author of this complaint, is their opinion and they are entitled to it. Of course since we spend every day helping people for find answers to their debt situation, we would disagree.

As far as my picture being fake. What can I say. That's my bald head on the site.

Steve Rhode