allowances

• Submitted: Mon, December 10, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, December 10, 2012

• Reported By: P. Clearbell — Elgin Illinois United States of America
GetCafeCup.com

GetCafeCup.com Fraudulent Advertising. False Pricing. No way to cancel. Internet

I saw the commercial for Get Cafe Cup on television and thought it was a great idea. I already have a similar product that I had bought from Bed Bath and Beyond for our Keurig system and it works great.  This company was offering 2 reusable cups for $10.99 and you could get 2 more (for a total of 4) for a small additional fee.  These would be a great gift for my relatives who have Kuerig machines so I placed an order for 2 sets (8 cups total).  My charges should have been $10.99 x 2 = 21.98 + shipping and the additional fee.  It was only after placing the order and entering my creditcard information that I got a confirmation number and a total.  My total was $74.91.  I immediately tried to cancel the order, but their website said that it takes 24 hours to even recognize the confirmation nubmer that I was given.  I called my bank and let them know that I am going to be contesting the charges.

The next day I was able to find my order on Get Cafe Cup's website, but when I pressed the button marked "Cancel order" another screen popped up telling me that you cannot cancel orders online.  You need to call them and cancel via phone.  I called the number and was told by an automated recording that this is their peak season and that they have too many calls to handle.  The recording goes on to tell me to press 3 for customer service and after pressing 3 the recording says to call back in a few days becasue they are too busy to take any calls.  The recording even informs the caller that it will disconnect the call as soon as the recording runs its full course.

I have called 4 times and gotten the same response.  This company is fraudulent and needs to be stopped. Hopefully someone will read this before deciding to purchase from them and make the right decision to shop somewhere else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2012 07:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GetCafeCupcom/internet/GetCafeCupcom-Fraudulent-Advertising-False-Pricing-No-way-to-cancel-Internet-980082. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GetCafeCup.com