Complaint Review: GetSmart AKA Emerge MasterCard

• Submitted: Fri, July 25, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, July 25, 2003

• Reported By:Stowe Pennsylvania
GetSmart AKA Emerge MasterCard
cardholderservices@emergecard.com Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

GetSmart AKA Emerge MasterCard Rip Off! Ridiculous! Fraudulent! screwed others too Columbus Ohio

I was trying to establish first time credit for myself. Noone would accept me for a credit card. Suddenly along comes a company offering me a GetSmart card. I thought that this was great! Someone would finally give me a credit card and allow me to establish good credit for myself. I made all of my payments on time. Some time later, I received a notice in the mail that my GetSmart card was no longer valid. That a new company called Emerge had taken over my account and I would have to continue to make all payments to them. But that they were only there to collect the balance and that my card was inactive. I immediatly call Emerge and they confirm this information.

I am now being charged $64.00 per month. Get this! There is a $58.00 Periodic Finance charge - Periodic my rear! This is charged to me every month! So, in fact only $6.00 is being applied to my balance every month! I was told that my interest rate could be dropped to 0% if I call and ask. Do you know that I have been calling and sending them letters for months - yes, months - now and noone seems to want to asssist! Hmm..Quite convenient for them to "accidentally" disconnect me or put me on hold and never come back - every time I call!
Absolutely horrible - I am at my wits end and don't know where to turn.

Laurie
Stowe, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2003 05:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GetSmart-AKA-Emerge-MasterCard/Columbus-Ohio-319023034/GetSmart-AKA-Emerge-MasterCard-Rip-Off-Ridiculous-Fraudulent-screwed-others-too-Columb-1032146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GetSmart AKA Emerge MasterCard