Complaint Review: GetSpecialGifts.com

• Updated: Wed, December 08, 2004

• Reported By:Humble Texas
GetSpecialGifts.com
www.getspecialgifts.com Internet U.S.A.

GetSpecialGifts.com - No Response Offered iPod for responding to 6 marketing offers - Support system lost my email,. No support response Internet

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Issue Resolved after my Report

*Consumer Comment: Still Waiting

*Consumer Comment: They've fixed their system up a bit - But I won't guarantee anything yet

*Author of original report: Received a response from getspecialgifts.com, dissappointed that I had to go to such lengths to get this resolved

*Author of original report: Changed their message

*Author of original report: getspecialgifts tells me I have 0 offers left to complete and still don't qualify.

*Author of original report: AKA - http://www.emarketresearchgroup.com

I completed a marketing survey and several (6) offers as directed by the getspecialgifts.com terms of service. This was in response to an email offering a free IPod. Shortly following the completion of the offers, I checked the redemption site and was told I only completed 4 offers. I emailed support and two weeks later, they referred my back to the same site that posted the incorrect number of offers completed. When I entered my email, the system no longer recognized my account. I emailed support again and got no response. The phone number listed for the adminstrative contact on the domain name is invalid (recording received when attempting to contact the company).

Totally unacceptable...

Charles
Humble, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2004 07:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/GetSpecialGiftscom/internet/GetSpecialGiftscom-No-Response-Offered-iPod-for-responding-to-6-marketing-offers-Supp-113399. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on GetSpecialGifts.com

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Issue Resolved after my Report

AUTHOR: Chuck - (U.S.A.)

Following my report, I was contacted by eMarket Research Group (as indicated in my previous update). All representations made on that call were followed through. My iPod was delivered - new - in box. I have also noted improved customer service and status screens on the web site. I am happy with resolution and I hope other consumers benefit from this.

Dear Chad,

Are you sure you sent it to the correct address? We recently changed our form processing address to enhance customer service and there is a small possibility that some forms were delayed in getting processed.

Please call us at the number below so we can go over your account and process your form.

Delray Beach, FL 33484

Please note that we typically try to respond to customer service inquires within two business days.

[DELETED]
[Place your comments below and be sure to include your FULL contact information so Rip-off Report can contact you.]

(Be sure to disable any email filters you may have set up, as sometimes users have reported that their email filtering software have deleted our customer service email responses before they had a chance to receive it)

Still Waiting

AUTHOR: Chad - (U.S.A.)

I got an e-mail from these guys nearly 2 months ago for a free iBook. I signed up, completed more than enough offers, printed out and sent in the form over a month ago. Every day when I check the status on their site, it shows that the form hasn't been received yet. I've sent it two more times, just to be safe, but it still doesn't show up. Perhaps certified mail, with a return reciept would be a good idea to make sure it gets there properly.

They've fixed their system up a bit - But I won't guarantee anything yet

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

I signed up inspite of the comments filed at this site. (I've already got an older iPod and could wait to have to file with the BBB etc to get one several months later if it's still free)

I've experienced NO problems so far. I read through the requirements beforehand, so I wasn't surprised by the "complete 2 on this page to get your ipod" only to find 2 more pages similarly. I knew 6 was needed, and I checked the 3rd page to make sure there were some easy offers to complete, not just 2 very expensive ones.

Signed up for Nexiderm, Gleaming White Teeth, Blockbuster, Video Professor, and 2 AOL (broadband and musicnet). 3 totally free, 3 inexpensive.

All of my offers were given credit for very quickly. Infact, I signed up saturday night/sunday morning, and yesterday (tuesday), the site told me that all 6 of the required offers were free, and it gave me a link to the redeption voucher, which is already in the mail. It would have been completed more quickly if I had known that I had to actually sign on to both AOL accounts to get credit, as I was only waiting for those 2 on monday.

Now, I can't guarantee anything, as I haven't received my iPod, but basically all of the concerns listed at this site have not been present in my experience. Perhaps it was largely system errors, and now they've corrected their system so that it works better?

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

After filing a report with the BBB serving southest Florida, I was contacted by a representative of the eMarket Research Group (getspecialgifts.com) regarding my situation.

She indicated that they were experiencing problems with their systems and, upon researching my file, she found the offers completed. There was some confusion regarding whether two offers were completed in the last category; however, since I completed six offers, she agreed that I was entitled to the iPod.

Whether or not systems issues were the problem, I am dissappointed that I had to go to such lengths to get this resolved. Anyone who is having issues should contact the Better Business Bureau (contact info for BBB and eMarket Research Group is below). This appears to get things moving. I'll update this report when I receive my merchandise. It ain't over till its over.

BBB - Southest Florida
2924 N Australian Ave. , West Palm Beach, FL 33407
561-842-1918 FAX 561-845-7234 info@seflorida.bbb.org
File online at www.bbb.org

eMarket Research Group (dba getspecialgifts.com)
14545 J Military Trail #1
Delray Beach, FL UNITED STATES, 33484

Changed their message

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

So based on complaints from me and others, the redemption message has been changed so that it does not include the number of offers completed.

Still no reponse to support requests. Filed with the local Better Business Bureau.

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

The saga continues... Now the redemption link for the iPod offer tells me I have 0 (zero) offers required to qualify for my gift. The following sentence says I don't qualify. Zero requirements left and I don't qualify - I don't follow that logic. Here's the quote from their site:

Our records show that you have not yet completed the minimum number of offers required to receive the gift that you originally requested.

"You must complete 0 more offer(s) to meet the requirements for your Apple iPod 40 GB, click here

After you have completed the specified number of offers to qualify for your gift, you will need to return to this website to generate a security verification email and receive a Gift Redemption Voucher."

TOTAL RUN AROUND!!!

AKA - http://www.emarketresearchgroup.com

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

GetSpecialGifts.com operates under the address http://www.emarketresearchgroup.com. This is an entry point to their site (you can find this by clicking through the terms of service and the privacy policy.

This is the address that their SPAM - CLAIM YOUR FREE IPOD - is linked.