Complaint Review: Getaway R U vacation

• Updated: Fri, February 01, 2013

• Reported By: queene — United States of America
Getaway R U vacation
110 Athens St. Tarpon Spring, Florida United States of America

Getaway R U vacation Getaways called my house to sell a vacation package to Orlando, Coco Beach and Las Vegas. Mr.Damian Serrano sweet voiced convinced my six sense and I let my guards down. I received an invoice for $5 Tarpon Spring, Florida

February 2012, Getaways R Us sold me a vacation package via telemarketing. At first I was hesitant , but Mr. Damian Serrano a sweet con-artist sold the package. I received the $500.00 invoice. I booked my vacation.  I was not able to travel on the days booked. I cancelled my reservation . My credit card was charged $50.00 cancellation fee.  I called Getaways and explained that I was not notified of these additional charges.  They re-directed me to Mr. Serrano. He began bulling me saying that he was a New Yorker.and he was up front as such..hahaha... The kind voice the convinced to buy the package was gone!.  Now I was facing a very hostile individual whom kept insisting the contract cancellation policy included $50.00 cancellation fee.  My contract did not have such statement. He requested a copy of the contract. I did send it and never head from him again.  Now I wanted to re-book my vacation for March break SURPRICENLY..none of the telephone are in service.!!! I cannot locate Getaways R Us!!They run with my money and pretty sure other hard working people monies!! scams.

I called the BBB of Florida, this company have a very BAD reputation and so many complains.The owner Mr John Demarco licence 38329 cannot be located either, he runs two other companies..Buyer be Awake and Aware. Next stop,  the Floridas Attorney general office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2013 08:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Getaway-R-U-vacation/Tarpon-Spring-Florida-34689/Getaway-R-U-vacation-Getaways-called-my-house-to-sell-a-vacation-package-to-Orlando-C-1007589. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Getaway R U vacation