Complaint Review: Getoutofdebt.org

• Submitted: Wed, July 18, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, July 19, 2012

• Reported By: John Malch — Moreno valley California United States of America
Getoutofdebt.org
1201 constitution Ave, Washington DC 20090 Internet, District of Columbia United States of America

Getoutofdebt.org Steve Rhodes Yet Another Scam Website! Total LIAR! Internet, District of Columbia

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Just Not True

TOTALLY FALSE

This Glossy sophisticated website, appears to give people good advice concerning debt issues but really all they due is try to bully people into purchasing a service directly from them. They slander attorneys and companies in hopes that the consumers will pay for their high-priced non-legal advice. I don't believe he will be able to operate much longer, even a surface investigation of this sight has revealed multiple lawsuits against him. He just closes up shop and operates out of a different state. Steve Rhodes from Getoutofdebt.org has received Multiple Cease and Desist Letters from companies that he has falsely accused. Even The Getoutofdebt.org responses sound like a scam and if I was naive and followed some of the flippant answers that Steve Rhodes gives to unsuspecting consumers, it would lead to my financial Ruin. [continued below]....
..... I was considering hiring an attorney and when I looked him up, i saw this sight listed on the same page as the attorney  I was Researching. Immediately I became suspicious until I found my attorneys information listed on the BBB with 322 recommendations and 0 complaints. Then I started Researching this Site Getoutofdebt.org and found out about the scams they have been running on consumers and a list of lawsuits against them.  With the internet, any company can represent themselves on a website as legitimate. Scams Like Getoutofdebt.org are a Pariah on the internet cause they truly have the look of being helpful, But Steve Rhodes is the king of con and his record speaks for itself.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2012 10:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Getoutofdebtorg/Internet-District-of-Columbia-20090/Getoutofdebtorg-Steve-Rhodes-Yet-Another-Scam-Website-Total-LIAR-Internet-District-of-913868. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Getoutofdebt.org

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Just Not True

AUTHOR: Steve Rhode - GetOutOfDebt.org - (USA)

This is Steve Rhode from GetOutOfDebt.org. I'm more than happy to reply to the comments above and address the issues raised.

1. The person who posted the complaint says, "try to bully people into purchasing a service directly from them." But the reality is the site simply reports on the debt relief industry and gives free advice to consumers. We do not sell any products or services.

2. "They slander attorneys and companies in hopes that the consumers will pay for their high-priced non-legal advice." Again, we do not sell any products or services. There is nothing to purchase or fee to pay.

3. "He just closes up shop and operates out of a different state." Nope, still in North Carolina where we've been since the site launched.

4. "Steve Rhodes from Getoutofdebt.org has received Multiple Cease and Desist Letters from companies that he has falsely accused." Somewhat true. We've received a handful of such letters but we've published them on the site and asked the companies to backup their allegations with specific facts that show the article was in error. To date, they've been unable to.

5. "Then I started Researching this Site Getoutofdebt.org and found out about the scams they have been running on consumers and a list of lawsuits against them." What scams? Where are these massive number of  lawsuits?

Real facts about what we do and the site can be found on our FAQ page, here.

In closing I would like to note that the complaint makes broad statements without any specifics. I'd have to chalk it up as yet another unhappy person or company that we might have written an unfavorable investigative article about. We backup our articles with facts and source documents. This person does not.