Complaint Review: Getspecialgifts.com

Getspecialgifts.com
www.getspecialgifts.com Internet U.S.A.

Getspecialgifts.com Ripoff Free Gift Card-Scam Anyone Else Internet

*Consumer Comment: Worked for Me

Has anyone else ever dealt with getspecialgifts.com?

I was browsing the internet recently when a banner ad popped up "Free Old Navy Gift Card". So I clicked on it. You answer some questions, sign up for an offer, they send you a verification e-mail, you print it out, and in around 6 weeks they send you your gift. It smelled like bullcrap to me but I tried it out.

I followed the rules, I sent the print out to the address in Florida, and I live in Georgia, so it probably only took up to 4 days for it to arrive. 11 weeks later they're still waiting for the print out. I went to their site to inquire as to whether there was a problem and the next day they changed the site to where they refuse to deal with inquiries of that nature.

So, luckily, the only thing that was wasted was my time, and my name & personal info was probably sold about 50,000 times, which would probably compensate plus more for the cost of the card had they actually sent it.

Consumers: This company is a crock of crap. Don't fall for it.

J
Palmetto, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2004 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Getspecialgiftscom/internet/Getspecialgiftscom-Ripoff-Free-Gift-Card-Scam-Anyone-Else-Internet-111065. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Getspecialgifts.com

Worked for Me

AUTHOR: Skye - (U.S.A.)

I received my $75 Visa GC from them with no problems at all. I did the offer, sent my voucher in and then 2 weeks after they received it I got it in the mail. I do not think this company is a rip-off. I told my mother about it and she received her GC as well.