Complaint Review: Getty Images Inc

• Submitted: Thu, August 29, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, August 29, 2013

• Reported By: Silvia — Austin Texas

Getty Images Inc Getty IMages Getty Images mailed the 2 letters to a non-existent address in Austin, TX so I never received the letters. On 08/27/13 I received a letter from their attorney McCormack demanding payment of $1,876.and threatening $150,000.000 in damages. When I contacted McCormack to follow up, they emailed me a copy of the two letters that had been mailed to a non-existent address in Austin back in 01/2012. I am a licensed Realtor and my mailing address is a public record. Getty Images not only mailed me the 2 letters to a non-existent address but they sent them via regular mail as opposed to certified mail. I have consulted with an attorney and will be retaining legal counsel to protect myself from this scan and harassment.

The image that Getty Images attached to my letter is watermarked. I have no way of removing watermarks from images and the image I used back in 2011 was not watermarked or copyrighted.

Getty Images is deliberately

On 08/27/13 I received a letter from McCormack, Intellectual Property Law demanding I pay $1,876.33 for an image I may have used without a valid license. I contacted the law firm immediately to learn that Getty Images reports that have mailed me 2 letters regarding this. They informed that sine I ignored the letters, Getty Images hired McCormack to represent them in this matter.

I asked McCormack to email me copies of the letters mailed by Getty Images. When I received the letters, I noticed that Getty Images had emailed the letter to a non-existent address in Austin. If Getty Images was in fact trying to connect with me, they should have had no problem getting my mailing address since I am a licensed Realtor in Texas and my mailing address is part of the public records. Also, Getty Images should have sent that letter via Certified Mail to ensure I received it. Clearly, that was not their intention.

Getty Images mailed that final notice in 01/2012 and waited until 08/21/13 to mail a letter through their attorney demanding payment by 09/11/13.

It is clear to me that this company’s intentions are malicious. I have retained legal counsel to protect myself and would also like to make this public so others are protected.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2013 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Getty-Images-Inc/Select-StateProvince/Getty-Images-Inc-Getty-IMages-Getty-Images-mailed-the-2-letters-to-a-non-existent-address-1080161. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Getty Images Inc